Mrs. Platz's Class Newsletter
December 11th, 2015
Monday - A - PE
Tuesday - B - Library
Wednesday - C - Music
Thursday - D - PE
Friday - E - Art
Your First Grader Has Been Working On...
- comparing different versions of gingerbread stories. We have worked on identifying main/minor characters, primary and secondary settings, what character's actions tell us about them, and the relationships between characters.
- reading and spelling words with "y" as a vowel (my, lucky).
- continuing their small moment stories.
- counting by 1s and 10s to 120, finding patterns on a 120 number chart, and using an open number line to count to 120.
- making our Flat Gingy who will be coming home with your student next week. Look for information about this special guest who will be hanging with your family over winter break!
- voting for our next Quality Student! Congratulations to Ronnie, voted by her peers as someone who shows she can be proactive, put first things first, synergizes, thinks win-win, and begins with the end in mind! Way to go, Ronnie!
- Does this story remind you of anything that has happened to you?
- How do you think this character feels at the beginning, the middle, and end of the story?
- Is there something we can learn from this book, a lesson?
- Why do you think a certain event happened?
- Do you agree with the ending? How would you have changed the ending?
Help your student think deeper about the books they are reading! It is a skill that they will be asked to use throughout their education!
Sign Up Genius Link
No Spelling Assessment This Week
Please send in your student's disguised gingerbread friend on Monday!