CTE Options/Resources for Districts
WORKSHOP HAS BEEN CANCELED - CHECK BACK FOR FALL 2019 DATE
Join ODE's Office of Career-Technical Education, Ohio HI-Point Career Center, Apollo Career Center, and Upper Valley Career Center to learn more about CTE options, resources, and supports for all districts.
WORKSHOP HAS BEEN CANCELED - CHECK BACK FOR FALL 2019 Date
Workshop Description & Overview
Date: May 31st Date Has Been Canceled - Currently Evaluating New Date for Fall 2019
Time: 9:00 am -2:30 pm
Location: Indian Lake High School, Auditorium, 6210 OH-235, Lewistown, OH 43333
Contact Hours: 5.0
ADVANCE REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED!
Overview: This workshop has been designed to provide educators in Miami, Shelby, Logan, Allen, and Hardin counties with an overview of CTE options (local, state, and via their career technical planning district), resources, and supports.
- The afternoon will feature breakout sessions where districts in Miami, Shelby, Logan, Allen, and Hardin counties can learn more about programming, resources, and supports available through their designated career technical planning district (UVCC, Apollo CC, or Ohio HI-Point).
The following topics will be addressed during the workshop:
- ODE Approved Industry Credentials: Options, Funding, & Licensure Considerations
- Legislative Update: Career-Technical Education Deregulation Bill
- Historical Overview of CTE Education & Career Center Structure
- Parent & Community Survey Data on CTE Options
- Local P-3 (Personalized Professional Pathway) Pilot & Lesson Learned
- Essential Details for Local Programs: Advisory Boards, Student Organizations, & More
- Programs, Services, & Resources Available through Your Career Center (Breakout Session)
Faculty/Instructor: Emily Passias, Director, Office of Career-Technical Education; Nancy Luce, Superintendent, Upper Valley Career Center; Rick Smith, Superintendent, Ohio HI-Point; Keith Horner, Superintendent, Apollo Career Center; Jason Haak, Assistant Superintendent, Upper Valley Career Center; and Tonya Ramey, High School Director, Ohio HI-Point Career Center.
Registration Fee = $0 - **No Cost
**Cancellation Fee Applies if Cancellation Policy is not Followed - See Below
Our Cancellation Policy - Cancellations must be received by Kim Leach at Kleach@mresc.org by May 25, 2019 at 3:00 pm. Cancellations received outside of this policy will not be accepted. Attendees failing to cancel by May 25th will be billed $10 (per person) to cover the cost of the meal.
8:30 am - Check-In & Networking
9:00 am - Welcome & Introductions
9:15 am - CTE 101: Background & Historical Overview - ODE
- Career Centers & Planning Districts: Historical Overview
- Parent & Community Survey Data
- Future of Career Technical Education in Ohio
10:15 am - Break
10:30 am - ODE Approved Credentials: Options, Licensure, & Funding - ODE
11:10 am - Local P-3 (Personalized Professional Pathway) Pilot & Lesson Learned - Rick Smith, Ohio HI-Point
11:30 am - Legislative Update: CTE Deregulation Bill - Nancy Luce, UVCC
12:00 pm - Lunch (Provided)
12:30 pm - Career Center Breakout Sessions
Overview: Each breakout session will provide an overview of programs, services, and resources available through your career planning district.
- Group A - Upper Valley Career Center Districts (Room: High School Media Center)
- Group B - Ohio HI-Point Career Center (Room: High School Auditorium)
- Group C - Apollo Career Center (Room: Board Room)
2:30 pm - Wrap Up & Evaluation
VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION & REMINDERS
Friday, May 31st, 9am-2:30pm
6210 Ohio 235
What time should I arrive at the training site? Please arrive 15 minutes early to complete the check-in process.
Food & Beverage (Lunch Provided - Options Limited - See Below): Water and breakfast bars will be available at the beginning of the session. Lunch will be provided at the event. We will be serving chicken fingers (Lee's Chicken), mashed potatoes, and green beans. If you have a dietary restriction or food allergies, please plan ahead and pack your lunch. Bottled water will be served throughout the day. No soda, coffee, or other beverages will be served.
What You Should Bring? Participants should bring note taking materials and writing utensils with them to the session.
>>Our Cancellation Policy - Cancellations must be received by Kim Leach at Kleach@mresc.org by May 25, 2019 at 3:00 pm. Cancellations received outside of this policy will not be accepted. Attendees failing to cancel by May 25th will be billed $10 (per person) to cover the cost of the meal.
Midwest Regional Educational Service Center
Our Vision/Mission: The Midwest Regional Educational Service Center serves and supports students, families, and districts as an innovative educational partner.