Student Bulletin - January 15, 2023
- No School - Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday
- Bison Fan Day!
- Wear Bison gear for BFD or Chiefs gear for spirit week
- Boys Basketball A/B Game (4:00) vs. Pleasant Lea Middle School @ ETMS
- Girls Basketball A/B Game AWAY (4:00) vs. Pleasant Lea Middle School @ PLMS
- Boys Basketball C Game (6:00) vs. Pleasant Lea Middle School @ ETMS
- Scholar Bowl (4:00) vs. Grain Valley @ ETMS Library Media Center
- Bison Smart Meeting (7:40AM)
- Girls Basketball A/B Game (4:00) vs. Summit Lakes Middle School @ ETMS
- Boys Basketball A/B Game AWAY (4:00) vs. Summit Lakes Middle School @ SLMS
- Girls Basketball C Game (6:00) vs. Summit Lakes Middle School @ ETMS
- Boys Basketball C Game AWAY (6:00) vs. Summit Lakes Middle School @ SLMS
- Scholar Bowl (4:00) vs. Moreland Ridge Middle School @ ETMS (Blue Pod)
GENERAL INFORMATION & UPDATES
2023-2024 Enrollment Information
6th to 7th Grade and 7th to 8th Grade:
We will begin the process of enrolling for 7th grade the week of January 23rd. Course information will be shared with students and they will be able to see their course recommendations in PowerSchool. Additional information will accompany the form so students can complete enrollment in PowerSchool with their families. Students will bring home enrollment cards and directions for enrolling in PowerSchool. Enrollment cards are due back no later than January 30, 2023.
8th to 9th Grade:
Enrollment will be February 8th. High school counselors from all 3 high schools will come to ETMS to begin enrollment. High school enrollment needs to be completed in PowerSchool by parents/guardians and students no later than February 13, 2023. Watch for updates from your students' respective high school for any other high school related information.
If you have any questions please contact our Registrar, Caitlin Mathews:
or your student's grade level counselor:
Playoff Spirit Week
BIST family Classes - Free
Bison Fan Day
SIGN UPS ARE CLOSED
Tuesday 1/17 is our next Bison Fan Day! We'll watch the boys basketball team take on the PLMS Tigers. We will have a cash-only concession stand open during Bison Fan Days to purchase snacks.
Please fill out the permission form if your student plans to attend. Students will NOT be able to stay after school if parents have not filled out the form. The form will close at 10:00 AM on 1/17, or sooner, if Fan Day reaches attendance capacity.
Students will need to be picked by 6:00 PM.
2023-24 Cheerleading Tryout Information
Are you interested in Cheerleading?
Cheer Clinics: Tuesday, February 7th 3:30-5:30
and Wednesday, February 8th 3:30-5:30
Cheer Tryouts: Thursday, February 9th 3:30-6:00ish
Click here for Cheerleading tryout information.
15th Annual All-Middle School Dodgeball Tournament
Join us as dodgeball teams take the courts to claim the title this year. Get a group of 6 friends together and fill out the registration form to be a part of the Middle School event of the year!
- The tournament will be held on Friday, February 3rd from 4:45-8:00 PM.
- Registration forms are outside of each pod. Money and forms are due by January 27th.
- The cost is $12 per team.
Clubs - All Grades
- Art Club - 1/17, 3:30-4:30 PM
- Bison Smart - 1/19, 7:40-8:05 AM
- Card Sharks - 1/17, 3:30-4:30 PM
- Dungeons & Dragons - 1/26, 3:30-5:00 PM
- Future Teachers - see Mrs. Russell
- Kindness Club - 2/13, 3:30-4:30 PM
- Puzzle Club - resumes in February
- Tennis Club - 1/19, 7:00-8:05 AM
- Ukulele Club - 1/18, 3:15-4:00 PM
2023 Middle School Tennis League
Bison Brags & Celebrations
Congratulations to BisonBots 2148
Bison Fan Day!
Thanks to all who came out and supported our Girl's Basketball Team!
Next Bison Fan day is January 17th! Be sure to sign up!
REMINDERS & REPEATED ITEMS
LSR7 Middle School Swim League
Students must have a current 2022-23 sports physical on file in Privit with their respective school by Monday, January 9th, 2023. (link to ETMS Privit)
Online enrollment begins Monday, January 9th, 2023, at 10:00 am.
Registrations will not be accepted after Thursday, February 16th, 2023.
School ID: 9684109
FRONT DOOR PROCEDURES
- Before entering the school, front office staff will always greet people using the voice/video doorbell.
- We will always ask for ID if someone is checking a student out of school.