- studies observable human behavior focusing on how we learn, react and manipulate our enviroment.
- Ex: Setting up an incentive system in order to get your child to do chores. They do a chore, they get a token, at the end of a certain amount of time they turn their tokens in for something larger
- Is the school of Psychology it studies the mental processes.
- Thinking, feeling , remembering, making decisions and Judgement.
- Ex:when you feel anxious about public speaking, what's going on in the brain is an established behavior pattern, which is enabled by neurons connecting into a neural pathway...a physical connection. See audience, imagine their critical thoughts, think about my imperfections
Evolutionary Psychology Summary
Evoloutionary Psychology is basically a explanatory framework that has implications for understanding all phenomena. humans as products of natural selection thereby not conceiving of our species as somehow immune from the laws that govern the natural world. It is thereby a humbling perspective in some respects.
Social Cultural Psychology
Social Cultural Psychology perspective is how an individual mental functioning is related to cultural institutional and historical context hence, the focus of the social cultural perspective is on the voices that participation in social interactions and culturally organized activities play in influencing psychological development.
Cultural Psychology & Social Behavior: Stereotypes, Prejudice, Discrimination and Racism