YMCA Science Camp Update
6TH GRADE SCIENCE CAMP: OCT 11- 14, 2016
Don't miss YMCA Campbell Science Camp!
The 6th grade field trip to YMCA Camp Cambell Outdoor Science School will be here before you know it. Don't miss the deadline to sign up by August 31st, 2016. Students will spend 4 days and 3 nights at the camp immersing in an environmental science experience that will expand their understanding of the world we live in and their place in nature. Our 6th grade students will be joining with the students at our Merryhill Sister School in Milpitas for this unique camping experience.
Students will be assigned to either boy or girl only cabins with between 16-20 students in each. There will be 2 well trained High School or college students assigned to each cabin. During the day experienced team leaders, field teachers, and classroom teachers will be leading science activities, hands-on experiences, and social events while ensuring students are well supervised and safe during their time at camp.
What Do you need to register you child for camp?
1. Sign all required forms and return it with a check payable to Merryhill School by Wednesday, August 31st.
2. Cost: $ 355.00 ( Please make your check payable to Merryhill School )
3. Please note: The last day to withdraw for a full refund is Friday, Sep 9th, 2016.
4. Forms to be signed by Parents/Students: Please click on the link below, sign all required forms, print them out, fill it in and return.
We only need the following pages from the website filled out and returned. However, you should print out all the pages in the pdf packet and pay particular attention to Page 3 Preparation and Forms Checklist. This will provide a list of what students should bring to camp.
· Page 2 Behavior Agreement Contract
· Page 4 Health History & Consent Form
· Page 6 Liability Waiver
· Page 7 Climbing Tower & High Ropes Waiver
· Page 8 Medicine Intake (only if applicable)
· Page 9 Restricted Dietary Sheet (only if applicable)
· Page 10 Student Souvenir order form: optional If your child wants to order, please include the amount in your check.
Some of you have questions about what bedding should be sent for your children. The YMCA camp provides bunk beds. Your child will need to bring either a sleeping bag with a small pillow OR a bed sheet, a blanket, and a small pillow.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANY FOOD WITH YOUR CHILDREN BECAUSE THE CAMP DOES NOT ALLOW FOOD INSIDE THE CABINS. THE FOOD WILL BE PROVIDED BY THE CAMP.
If you have any particular information about your child (for example: if they cannot swim) please let me (Ms. Sousae) know.
Also, take a few minutes to read these reminders...
1. Please make sure to look at the " What to bring to the Camp" list in the packet that we provided or on the camp www.ymcacampcampbell.org
2. If you have any questions or concerns, please email either Ms. Cooper at karen.Cooper@nlcinc.com or Ms. Sousae at Joan.Sousae@nlcinc.com.
3. The children will be leaving on Tue Oct 11th at 8:45 am and coming back on Friday Oct 14th at 1:30 - 2:00 pm. Please make sure that your child is in school at the normal time (8:00 am) on Tuesday.
4. You can pick up your child at 1:30 - 2:00 pm on Friday. If your child is not picked up at 2:00 pm, please make sure to drop off their lunch on that day.
5. The children are not allowed to bring cell phones or any electronic devices. However, cameras are allowed.
6. If your child needs a prescription medication, please make sure to label each medicine and the bag with your child's name, school name, and the dosage. Please hand it over to me on the day we leave.
7. Please make sure to sign the Medicine form (if the student is taking medication).
8. Label all other belongings as well.
YMCA Camp Campbell
Tuesday, Oct. 11th, 8am to Friday, Oct. 14th, 1:30pm
16275 Highway 9
Boulder Creek, CA
Director Cathy Haas Ext. 1409
If interested, you can call and sign up for an open house or tour prior to camp.