Bayyari Elementary School Newsletter, Springdale, AR
2020-2021, Issue 23, February 14, 2021
Monday, February 15, 2021 is a remote learning day. Your child brought home their device (Chromebook or iPad) on Friday, February 13th. They will Not have choice boards. They should complete the following.
- A required class Zoom or Google Meets with their teacher for a daily lesson. Two time choices are available. K-2 8:15-9:00 or 12:30-1:15 3-5 9:00-9:45 or 1:15-2:00
- Complete assignments either in Seesaw (K-2) or Google Classroom (3-5). Make sure they submit once they complete their work.
- Daily Lexia and/or Dreambox minutes. 10-15 minutes is the recommended time to be spent on these learning programs.
It looks like the inclement weather might continue on into the week. This could mean more additional remote learning days beyond tomorrow, Monday February 15th. It is important to remember that devices are to be used for school purposes only. Your child's teacher will be monitoring student usage on their devices. Thank you for monitoring and helping us with the school devices.
Chromebooks, iPads, chargers and hotspots need to be returned to the school on the day school resumes.
Although it is a remote learning day we hope your family can still enjoy the snow and make great memories. Stay safe and warm.
If you need anything please contact us at 479-750-8760 or email us at email@example.com.
Counselor's Corner - Mrs. McGinnis
Kids and Pets
I always wondered what the benefits were for children to have pets. I always had pets growing up and so do my children, but are there really benefits for children to have pets? According to an article that I found located at oprah.com titled “ 10 Reasons Pets Are Good For Kids” there are documented reasons why children should have pets. Even though kids think that pets are easy to have, parents are the ones that have to make sure all the pets’ needs are met. Parents sometimes think that it’s another challenge they must take on, however the unconditional love that a pet provides to a family is priceless. I am sharing some positive reasons why children owning a pet is good.
1. Children that grow up with pets are less likely to develop allergies and asthma.
2. Dogs can help lower blood pressure.
3. Children that have animals that go outside, tend to be more active.
4. People who own pets actually go to the doctor less.
5. Children tend to enjoy reading to their pets. This can benefit emerging readers.
6. Owning a pet can help children learn to be caregivers.
7. Owning a pet teaches children responsibly.
8. Owning a pet can help children with self-esteem, impulse control and social skills.
9. Owning a pet can help siblings’ bond.
10. When cuddling pets, it actually reduces stress and anxiety.
Health and Wellness
Please remember to fill out the COVID form at go.sdale.org/covid if your child has been exposed to someone who tests positive for COVID or if they are positive for COVID. Also, please let Nurse Alicia or the office know.
ELPA21 Testing Information
Due to the weather we have had to adjust our testing calendar. Kindergarten students still need to take the speaking and writing portions of the test. Stay tuned for new testing dates as well as make up testing for grades 1-5.
- March 1st and 2nd Virtual Student Led Conferences
- March 1st Kindergarten Registration Opens
- March 22nd -26th Spring Break