Career Center Weekly Update
December 1, 2015
UGA Career Center
APPOINTMENTS: Call (706) 542-3375. No appointments are scheduled via email.
WALK-IN HOURS: 12-2pm, Monday-Friday in the Career Center computer lab.
SATELLITE HOURS: Click on your Career Consultant's name to see when they are coming close to you!
I. JOB OPENINGS AND LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Full-Time Job Highlights
Deadline: December 23rd
Liberty Mutual Insurance is seeking college graduates who are interested in launching a career with a Fortune 100 company. We'll start you off right with a comprehensive training program, one-on-one mentoring, on-the-job training, a "promote from within" culture, and a strong pay-for-performance compensation structure.
As an Associate Claims Specialist you will:
- Develop the knowledge and skills needed to conduct thorough investigations
- Make decisions about liability / compensability
- Review medical records and evaluate losses
- Negotiate settlements (oftentimes working directly with claimant)
- Manage an inventory of commercial property / casualty claims (involving bodily injury or significant property loss)
- 0-2 years of professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA; additional requirements may apply.
Read more and apply on DAWGlink!
National Investment Center
The National Investment Center (NIC) for the Senior Housing and Care Industry serves as a valuable resource to lenders, investors, developers/operators, and others interested in meeting the housing and care needs of America's seniors. Together, with the leading companies in the seniors housing and care field - both on the investment and operations sides of the business - we have created an internship program that reflects a commitment to expanding our reach to the next generation of leaders.
This program is designed to attract talented University students at the graduate and undergraduate levels, affording them the unique opportunity to participate in summer internship programs with leading firms in the seniors housing and care industry.
Additional company additions may occur during the remainder of 2015 and 2016. Internships may be available in certain field locations and/or satellite offices, please refer to specific job descriptions for details. All opportunities are searchable and can be applied for athttp://www.nic.org/about-nic/academic-outreach/internships/available-interships
II. UPCOMING EVENTS
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 5
TIME: 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
LOCATION: KIPP Atlanta Collegiate (98 Anderson Avenue NW | Atlanta, GA 30314)
Elementary School (K-4): General Elementary, Art, Band, Dance, Special Education
Middle School (5-8): Reading, Writing, English Language Arts, Math, Science,
Social Studies, Special Education
High School (9-12): English, Spanish, Math, Chemistry, Physics, ROTC, History, Band
If you have any questions, contact Talent Recruiter Keya Wondwossen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Georgia Career Center
The Career Center can help you with:
- Choosing a major/career
- Resume writing
- Getting into graduate school/finding a job
FOR APPOINTMENTS: call 706-542-3375. No appointments are scheduled via email.
III. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Meet Your Career Consultant
* All University of Georgia Career Center sponsored events are for UGA students and alumni only.
* The Career Center is committed to providing access for all people with disabilities and will provide accommodations if notified in advance. To request accommodations please contact us at 706-542-3375.
* To help ensure a pleasant & productive environment for all participants, please follow these guidelines:
1. Respect all participants (employers, job seekers, & staff).
2. Appropriate attire is required and is determined by event. Some events require Professional or Business Attire.
3. For safety reasons, the doorways to the event (inside & out) & the surrounding areas must be kept clear at all times.
4. Participants are expected to cooperate with all reasonable requests made by members of the staff & all reasonable requests of any person acting in an official capacity as a representative of the participating institutions.
5. If questions or concerns arise during the event, please contact a member of the Career Center staff for assistance.
* Please DO NOT use quotation marks or add any other text to the body of the message.
PLEASE READ THE ABOVE INSTRUCTIONS TO UNSUBSCRIBE.