Second Grade Rock Stars
What is a main factor of success? Grit!
Next on tour: Upcoming Events
- 11/16- Last Day to Sign up on the Portal for a Conference.
- 11/16- Don't forget to fill out the Pre-Conference Form HERE
- 11/17-11/21- Parent Teacher Conferences (SIGN UP HERE) Need the Directions?
- 11/20-11/21- Early Out Days (1:10pm Dismissal)
- 11/21- Crazy Hat Day
- 11/24-11/28- No School- Thanksgiving Week
- 12/18- Talent Show Applications Due (Fill it out HERE!)
Our Highlights: What We've Been Rockin' At!
This week the famous inventor Thomas Edison came to visit! Of course, it wasn't the real Thomas Edison, but we witnessed a wonderful play that told about his life. We also learned some very important lessons. Here are the 4 lessons that Thomas Edison learned that he wanted to make sure that we learned as well...
- It's okay to make mistakes (everyone makes them and you will learn from them)
- Work hard and play hard
- Sometimes you just have to look at things from a different angle
- Do what you love and find a way to do it for the rest of your life
Did you know that Edison invented the phonograph when we was deaf? He could tell if his invention worked or not by biting the cone on the phonograph to feel the vibrations of the sound that was played. Pretty amazing! Ask your child some things that they learned about Thomas Edison!
Writing that tops the charts
Rockin' and Rollin' into Next Week!
Reading: Fables, Central Message or Moral of the Story
Writing: Writing our own Fractured Fairytale
Grammar: Thesaurus, Synonyms and Antonyms
Conventions: Quotation Marks and Dialogue techniques
Social Studies: Mapping our goals
Spelling: e_e words (long e sounds due to the "silent" or "magic" e at the end)
Which kind of support do you want to be?
- Does the momma duck give them a challenge?
- Do they learn and grow?
- Does she take them on too hard of a path? Too easy of a path? Or just right of a path?
- Does she let them struggle? Does it help them?
- Were you thinking like the people commenting behind the camera?
- How did Momma Duck help them to be successful?
Are you on Remind yet?
It's easy and it keeps your information (and mine) private!
Simply text: @rock2nd
to the phone number: (925) 338-8054