The Hilltop Herald 8/19/21
"When We Learn, We Grow"
Ready, Set, Go!
We are only a couple weeks before the start of our 2021-22 school year! Staff have been in for reading training, setting up their classroom, shining the floors, and preparing the spaces for our students!
The teachers, staff and I are working hard to be prepared for the return of our Hilltop students! While we are busy with setting up our classrooms, attending professional development sessions and preparing our lessons. We hope you are preparing too!
Ms. Jody Rittmiller, Park & Hilltop Assistant Principal
Parent Teacher Conferences
During your child's conference remember to:
- Meet the teacher
- Visit the classroom
- Have his/her school picture taken
- Turn in important forms
- Bring your school supplies
Eagle Bluff Parent/Student Survey - 5th GRADE ONLY
Click here to fill out the survey
Information regarding the field trip:
- Tentatively scheduled for October 27-29
- We are awaiting plans from Eagle Bluff, our COVID command team and MDE around Field Trips for the 2021-22 school year.
- We will keep you updated as we learn more about this awesome possibility. We will make our decision by mid September.
- The cost is $135 for students.
- We will be in need of chaperones.
Free Breakfast and Lunch this Year again, but please help us:
We still need you to complete your Educational Benefits form! Did you know that when you complete the Educational Benefits you are helping your family and ALL students in Le Sueur-Henderson?
When you complete the Educational Benefits form you are:
- Potentially providing additional financial supports to your family. (Example: You could qualify for additional grocery money through the PEBT program).
- Ensuring that Le Sueur-Henderson Public Schools receives crucial state aid. Yes, that's right. When you complete the Educational Benefits form you are helping LSH receive state aid!
Transportation and Acceptable Use Information
If you haven't provided this information yet, please take a look below:
- If you did not complete the Transportation form and your child will need to ride a school bus, you will need to call the Le Sueur-Henderson Bus Garage at 507-665-4650.
- Under Federal law while riding public transportation all individuals must wear a face mask. School busses are considered public transportation. Therefore, while riding a school bus, all children and adults must wear a face mask.
Technology Form - Please complete by September 7, 2021.
Dates to Remember
1st - Open House at Hilltop
- 4:00-5:00 pm - walk through Hilltop
- 5:00-5:20 pm - information meeting in the gymnasium
7th - Pre-Entrance conferences
- 12:00-8:00 pm
8th - Pre-Entrance conferences
- 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
9th - First Day of School
- 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
17th - Two Hour Early Out
- Students will be dismissed at 1:00 pm