Holy Rosary Bilingual Academy
Today is the official launch of our Annual Fund. This is a critical fundraising campaign for our school. We need to raise $100,000 for our budget, to be able to fund curriculum, teacher salaries, and so much more! We need your help to achieve this. Please put the word out to your family and friends so that we can reach this goal and go beyond! Simply go to https://secure.lglforms.com/form_engine/s/o5kPfZnwU-9YPZxE8gatew to donate. Putting this out through your Facebook page would be fantastic, as well! Without the church helping on our subsidies and other revenue, we need you now more than ever! Remember, the cost to educate each child is over $7,500. So, we need to bridge the gap between the tuition you pay and the total cost to educate each child. More information about requirements for this campaign can be found in the information from our Development Director, Sarah McKinney (listed below).
Don't forget that today is a noon dismissal. See you soon! :)
- Picture Day order forms are going home today.
- Thursday: Pay2Dress - Students can come in their uniform or Spirit Gear for free. They can wear "free dress" if they pay $2. This money goes to assist our friends Brayan and Kenia (orphans at NPH in Mexico and Honduras) Please remember that children need to wear clothing appropriate for a Catholic school.
- Friday: Mass at 9 am hosted by Grade 7. Families and friends are welcome!!
- Sunday: CYO Cross Country Meet from 2pm - 4pm at Mt. Tahoma High School. Come and support our little Hawks!
- Tuesday, Oct. 1st - Window opens for Fulcrum Tuition Assistance applications for 2020-21.
- Wednesday, Oct. 2nd - Picture Day for All Students! Please make sure your child is in FULL UNIFORM (including a sweater, if you have one).
- We have a NOON DISMISSAL today for Professional Development. Extended Care is available for the regular cost (hourly or monthly).
- Hispanic Heritage forms are due TOMORROW, if your child is going to participate.
- Chocolate Sales go through Oct. 4th. If you sell your 2 boxes and would like more, just send a note in with your child or drop by the office to pick up additional boxes. Reminder, no chocolate can be returned once it has been checked out. Just send the envelope in for each box, once you have the entire $60.
- The pink forms for our school directory are due on October 4th. Please make any edits you wish to have. You can also put in an ad for your business! Thank you, Amanda!
Annual Appeal...and Much, Much More!
From the Development Director:
With just a couple weeks complete in the new school year, I hope that everyone is transitioning well into the back to school routine. It is great to see so many familiar faces and new families too. Our Annual Fund Appeal kicks off in September and ends on November 15th. This is our first major fundraiser of the year. The goal for this fund is $100,000. Your gift towards this fund provides a quality educational program for your student(s), new curriculum and materials, staff training, financial aid, and many other initiatives. There is a minimum donation of $25 for each family. If a donation is not made by November 15, 2019 a $50 charge will be billed out.
You can choose to make a one time donation or you can pledge a monthly amount. Consider giving $25 a month for ten months which provides a total donation of $250. All donations are tax deductible. Donations can easily be made online by visiting the following link: https://secure.lglforms.com/form_engine/s/o5kPfZnwU-9YPZxE8gatew
Thank you to the staff and families that have already donated!
A unas semanas de haber comenzado el año escolar, espero que todos estén teniendo una buena transición de regreso a clases. Es un gusto ver tantas caras conocidas al igual que nuevas familias. Nuestra recaudación de fondos, Apelación al Fondo Anual, inicia en septiembre y concluye el 15 de noviembre. Esta es nuestra primera gran recaudación de fondos del año. El objetivo de esta recaudación es de $ 100,000. Su donación a este fondo proporciona un programa educativo de calidad para su/s estudiante/s, nuevo plan de estudios y materiales, capacitación del personal, ayuda financiera y muchas otras iniciativas. Un donativo mínimo de $25 por familia es requerido. De no realizar una donación a más tardar 15 de noviembre del 2019, se le facturará a la familia un cargo de $50. Puede optar por hacer un solo donativo o comprometerse a hacer la donación mensual. Considere hacer una donación de $25 al mes por un periodo de diez (10) meses lo cual será una donación total de $250. Todas las donaciones son deducible de impuestos. Puede hacer una donación facilmente en el siguiente enlace: https://secure.lglforms.com/form_engine/s/o5kPfZnwU-9YPZxE8gatew ¡Gracias al personal y a todas las familias que han donado!
Do you shop on Amazon? If so, there is a very simple way to support our school. Go to smile.amazon.com and choose Holy Rosary Bilingual Academy for the charity you would like to support. For any family that was already signed up, we were previously listed as Academia Juan Diego. You can easily update by changing the organization and searching our new name Holy Rosary Bilingual Academy. The school receives a portion of any purchases made. Just be sure when you shop you login at smile.amazon.com
iGive:Have you heard of iGive.com? If you have not, it is a great opportunity to support our school by shopping at over 1,700 online retailers. All you have to do is go to the following link to get started: http://www.igive.com/iNZ78dE Once there, select Holy Rosary Bilingual Academy and a portion of the profits will go to our school. It's that simple!! Retailers include JC Penny, Bed Bath & Beyond, Walmart and so many more. It is a quick and easy way to support our school.
We LOVE our Volunteers!
All adults who volunteer with (or around) children must complete a 3 hour Virtus class and a background check. The class is good for 3 years!! Here is a list of upcoming classes in the area:
9-26-19 Holy Cross Catholic Church, Tacoma @ 5:30 PM
10-6-19 St. Leo the Great Catholic Church, Tacoma @ 12:00 PM
10-12-19 All Saints Catholic Church, Puyallup @ 9:30 AM
10-24-19 Holy Cross Catholic Church, Tacoma @ 5:30 PM
10-26-19 St. Joseph Catholic Church, Tacoma @ 10:00 AM
Go to virtus.org to register for a class and complete your background check.