Monument à paris
History of the Notre-dame
- Its one of the first Gothic cathedrals ever made.
-The Notre dame is over 800 years old.
-It took almost 300 years to construct.
-The cathedral was first being constructed on 1163 and it was finally opened on 1345.
-Maurice De Sully was the designer of the cathedral. He wanted a worthy cathedral for the -largest city in France.
-When it was official they were gonna build the church residents and the entire population participated on constructing it.
The towers are the tallest point of the cathedral.The famous bell that is now designed to ring automatically is in the bell tower.You have to climb 140 steps to get to the top.
- The notre-dame has one of the worlds largest organs and immense church bells.
- The cathedral is referred to :Notre-dame de paris.( Our lady of Paris ) or just Notre-dame (Our lady).
- The towers are 69 meters high (387 steps).
- The south tower holds the 13 ton Emmanuel bell.
- The notre-dame has the crown of thorns which Saint louis bought in 1238.
- Each sunday atleast 3 masses are held in the cathedral.