Highland Lakes Newsletter
We have some more exciting things happening this month! Please view the information below and set your calendars. As always, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out during our business hours Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. Have a great month!
Did you know?
Please help us by ensuring you communicate any planned future absences (vacations/trips) with the classroom teacher so they can provide some academic practice/work they can do so they don't fall behind!
First Things First
Put First Things First
Put first things first means to prioritize things in your life. If you have a lot of things to do, ask yourself what is most important and do that first. Help teach your child this leadership habit by instilling putting "First Things First." This can include making sure school work is completed, put out your clothes for the morning, pack your lunch, and prepare for the next day!
HOW CAN YOU PUT FIRST THINGS FIRST IN YOUR LIFE?
- Make a to-do list and prioritize important things- Clean your room before you play outside. Help your family with the dishes before you leave the kitchen after dinner.
- Do your homework before you have free time- Check your homework folder or planner to make sure you've turned in all require assignments before you play on the computer, play, etc.
- Study even if you don't have a test the next day- If you study a little each day, it's better than studying for 2 hours the night before a test!
Upcoming Events and Important Dates
- 11/8- 3rd grade Veteran's Day music concert @ 6:30 p.m. in the cafeteria (for families)
- 11/6-11/10- KG-5th grade Writing assessment
- 11/11- Campus Beautification Day 8:00-11:00 a.m.
- 11/13-11/17- Book Fair and World Kindness week: Book Fair hours for parents to come with your student 8:00-8:45 a.m. (must provide a valid ID to enter the campus), and students can visit the book fair throughout the school day if they have money to spend.
- 11/13- PTA and SAC meeting 6:00-7:00 p.m.
- 11/14- DATE CHANGE: 3rd grade Veteran's Day concert (for students and staff) @ 9:00 a.m.; Mid-terms go home with students, Vision and Hearing screenings
- 11/15- Great American Teach In (GATI), 1st grade Thanksgiving music concert @ 6:30 p.m. in the cafeteria; Book Fair is open for extended hours 3:00-6:15 p.m.
- 11/17- Family Lunch Day (must provide a valid ID to enter the campus), Fundraiser pick-up day
- 11/20-11/24- Thanksgiving Break- No school
- 11/27- Stakeholder Survey begins (more details forthcoming)
- December State Testing Window- KG-2nd grade take their 2nd round of STAR ELA and Math testing; 3-5th grade take their 2nd round of FAST ELA and Math testing. Specific testing dates will be shared by your child's classroom teacher.