How to complete a 1040 EZ form
Learn to complete a 1040 EZ with less hassle and frustration
How to start the process
- Filing SINGLE or filing jointly if married
- Not claiming any dependents
- Not claiming adjustments to your income
- You only claim the Earned Income Credit (EIC) and the making work pay credit
- You didn’t receive advance EIC funds
- You (and your spouse) were under age 65 and not blind (Does not apply to us)
- Taxable income is less than $100,000
- Taxable interest is over $1,500
- Not under Chapter 11 bankruptcy
Each section of the form and how it should be completed
Frequently Asked Questions
Use your new address on your tax return.
They must be under 19 years old or a student and under 24 years old.
- If I claim my daughter who is a full-time college student as a dependent, can she claim her own personal exemption when she files her return?
She cannot claim her own exemption.
- No unemployment, no EIC, no combat pay, full year health coverage= $0, claimed by parents, does NOT want to donate $3 to the presidential campaign.
File a 2016 income tax return (Form 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ) and pay any tax due. If you want to request an automatic 6-month extension of time to file your return, use Form 4868 (Application for Automatic Extension of Time to File U.S. Individual Income Tax Return) to extend your filing deadline to October 17, 2017. You can also file an extension online.