Dear Loveland Families,
I hope you are relaxed, recharged, and ready to start the 2019-20 school year. I am so excited you are part of our amazing learning community. I welcome and value your positivity and dedication to excellence in education. I look forward to working with you and your children throughout 2019-20 school year.
Please welcome our new staff members to Loveland. They are excited to get started and look forward to being part of our Loveland school community.
Ms. Meghan Torchia - Special Education Teacher
Mrs. Charity Andrews - 1st Grade Teacher
Dr. Lynn Spady - EY Teacher
Mrs. Patty Wrighton - Art Teacher
Finally, the entire Loveland Staff look forward to seeing you at our Sneak-A Peek Night on Monday, August 12th from 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. On behalf of the entire staff at Loveland, thank you for all you do to support our students, staff, and school community.
Aug. 12 Sneak-A-Peek 6-7 pm
Aug. 14 School Begins 8:40 am
Aug. 22 Curriculum Night 6-7:15 pm
Aug. 29 6th Gr. Outdoor Ed. Parent Mtg. WMS 6:30 pm
Sept. 2 Labor Day No School
Sept. 3 Elementary Instrumental Curriculum Night WMS 6 pm
Sept. 9 CC Mtg. 7 pm
Sept. 11-12 6th Gr. Outdoor Ed.
Sept. 16-27 Loveland Launch Fundraiser
Sept. 23 Picture Day
Sneak-A-Peek - Monday, August 12th 6-7 pm
- Visit classrooms
- Meet your teacher
- See daily schedule
- Deposit lunch money
- Club 66 Before/After school registration
- Community Club Committee sign ups
2020-2021 School Year
When the 2020-2021 school year begins on Thursday, August 13th, the school day will start at 8:30 am and end at 3:30 pm. Every Wednesday, the school day will end at 3 pm. This gives the teachers throughout the district collaboration time by attending weekly professional learning meetings. Every other day is a 3:30 pm dismissal.
Our school day begins at 8:30 am. Students may enter the building at 8:20 am. We ask that students not arrive before 8:20 am unless:
- Participating in a school activity
- Serving on Safety Patrol
- Working with a teacher
- Attending Club 66 Before & After Care program
Why Can't I arrive Early? Teachers are involved in team meetings, staff meetings and individual planning from 8-8:20 am.
- Your child will be absent from school for any reason
- Your child will be late for school.
- You would like to join your child for lunch and need to order a tray for yourself.
Often times parents will email or tell the teacher when their child/children will be absent, however, the office needs to know as well. We would appreciate your help with theis anytime you know your child will be out of school.
Also, please let the office know if you are going to be out of town and someone else will be taking care of your child/children. In the case of an emergency, we don't want to waste precious time trying to get in touch with someone who is not available.
Morning Drop-Off Procedures
Students may NOT be dropped off before 8:25 am. Students needing to be dropped off before 8:25 am must enroll in the morning Club 66 Program. We ask all parents please stay in their cars and use the drop-off lane in the morning. The 6th grade safety patrol, Mrs. Streff, and Mrs. Sloup will be outside on Ridgewood Avenue helping children out of their cars and they will be keeping traffic moving safely. Please have your child get out on the passenger side of the car. Remember, we have these procedures in place to ensure the safety of all students.
Drop Off/Pick Up Tips
- When dropping off your child in the morning, pull forward as much as you are able to allow more than one car to drop off at the same time. If you need to enter the building for any reason, you must find a space in the lot or neighborhood and walk your child into the building. Please do not accompany your child to the classroom at this time.
- Please DO NOT park in the handicap spaces unless you are entitled to do so by having a sticker or a placard visible.
- When picking up at the end of the day, stay in your car and pull forward as much as possible. Your child will then be permitted to enter your car with a teacher escort. Once again, if you need to enter the building or get out of your car for any reason, you must find a place to park in the lot or neighborhood.
- Staff will be on duty before and after school to assist your child in any way.
Each school day begins with taking attendance. It is very important that students be in their classrooms by 8:30 am so they are not missed during this procedure.
We also take attendance immediately following the lunch recess, which means that if students leave campus for lunch with a parent, they need to be back when that attendance is taken.
The school secretary will call the home or work of parents who have not called in and reported their child's absence. Please help us with this by calling the office at 402-390-6455 by 8:30 am when your student is not coming to school or will be late for school. Safety is our focus in making this request.
Students coming in after 8:30 am or after attendance is taken in the afternoon must come to the office and sign in. Students coming or going during the day for appointments, illness, etc., must also sign out through the office.
Class Assignment Update
Back to School Teacher Assignment Letters will be emailed to families on August 9th. We look forward to seeing you and your child at our Sneak-A-Peek Night on August 12th at 6 pm!
Beginning of the Year Kindergarten Schedule
Letters were sent to all kindergarten families informing you of your child's placement in either Group 1 or Group 2. As a reminder, please see the schedule below:
Kindergarten students in Group 1 - Attend school on Wednesday, August 14th and Thursday, 15th.
Kindergarten students in Group 2 - Attend school on Friday, August 16th and Monday, August 19th.
Beginning on Tuesday, August 20th all kindergarten students will come to school every day on the regular school schedule.
2019-20 Loveland Community Club
Executive BoardPresident - Amanda Smith
Advisor - Joy Suder
Vice President - Russell Johnston
Secretary - Carrie Strovers
Treasurer - Jackie Anderson
Co-Treasurer - Lindy Bender
Nominations - Melissa Gerard
Kindergarten - Jodi Packett
1st Grade - Lisa Preston
2nd Grade - Carrie Strovers
3rd Grade - Andi Fisher
4th Grade - Traci Davies
5th Grade - Lindsey Semrad
6th Grade - Sarah Newman
K-6 Loveland Curriculum Night
6-6:30 pm - Class Presentation
6:35 - Community Club meeting in the gym
6:45-7:15 pm - Class Presentation
Fifth Graders and Parents Take Note!
Gail Carpenter-Johnson, Viktoria Matheson, and Mike Freeman
2019-2020 Meal Prices
Daily Hot lunch - $2.40
10 lunches - $24.00
Reduced Lunch - .40 (free/reduced application available)
Milk - .50
Adult Lunch - $3.65
Breakfast - $1.50
Adult Breakfast - $2.35
Reduced Breakfast - .30
Personal Property Reminder
Summer Box Tops
your name and teacher's name on your submission. Keep collecting all year long. Fundraising is a picnic!
Flip-Flops and Recess/Gym A Dangerous Combination!
Use of Telephone and Cell Phone Procedures
If cell phones are brought to school, they are to be kept in backpacks with ringers turned off during the school day. They may only be used by students outside of the school building prior to 8:20 am or after 3:30 pm dismissal. If the need arises, school phones are always available.
- Inform the teacher you would like to receive progress reports (this may be electronic), conference schedules (when appropriate), and notices about school activities.
- Attend parent/teacher conferences to show your child that both parents are behind him/her - acting as a team.
- Provide your child with a special folder to save school papers for you. That way, you'll see your child's finished work as well as the teacher's comments.
Please Keep us Informed
- A change in your phone number or address at home or work.
- You have a separation or divorce, or an addition or death in the family
- If your child is being picked up by someone other than usual.
- If your child is going to the doctor or dentist
- Any other change in routine
The school needs a yearly update of any legal documentation concerning your child. This might include restraining orders or custody changes, for example. Lastly, please inform the school if parents are not living together, and if both would like any mailings from the school.
- All medication must be brought to school and taken home from school by a parent. It must be in the original container, labeled with the child's name, date prescribed, name of medication, directions for use, dosage information and the time the medication is to be given.
- Cough drops and any over-the counter medication must be in the original box/package, and a Medication Authorization form must be filled out. These medications are kept in the health office.
- Scrapes and cuts are washed and bandaged, if needed. We do not and cannot use any ointment or cleaning product on an individual. If an injury is severe or questionable, a parent will be contacted.
- All medication, including cough drops, must be picked up by a parent at the end of the duration. We will not send any medication home with a child.
Loveland's Daily Schedule
8:25...............Safety Patrol on Duty
8:30...............Bell Rings, Students Arrive, Staff in Classrooms
8:40...............Attendance/Lunch Count Taken
1:10...............Afternoon Attendance Taken
3:25...............Safety Patrol on Duty
3:30...............School Dismissal (3:00 on Wednesdays)
12:10-12:30 Kdg. to recess
12:10-12:30 1st grade to lunch
1:30-12:50 1st grade to recess
12:25-12:45 2nd grade to lunch
12:45-1:05 2nd grade to recess
11:45-12:05 3rd grade to lunch
12:05-12:25 3rd grade to recess
12:00-12:20 4th grade to lunch
12:20-12:40 4th grade to recess
11:40-12:00 5th grade to lunch
12:00-12:20 5th grade to recess
12:30-12:50 6th grade to lunch
12:50-1:10 6th grade to recess
Traffic Flow - Drop Off/Pick Up Areas
ARRIVAL - Students may be dropped off on Ridgewood Avenue only. We have student valets and staff assigned on Ridgewood Avenue to help get students out of the cars and into the building. Cars should never be parked and left unattended.
DISMISSAL - ONE WAY SOUTH, 8:00 am-4:00 pm - GRADES 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th & 6th
There are two lanes of moving traffic. All students waiting for rides will wait at the far end of Ridgewood Avenue (near the storm shelter). Teachers will be there to help get students into cars and on their way. We will also have staff helping with the traffic. We ask for your help and support, please be patient as you slowly approach the area for student pick up.
LOVELAND DRIVE - ONE WAY NORTH, GRADES K - 1st & SIBLINGS
Teachers will accompany all kindergarten and first grade students to Loveland Drive. All siblings will join them on Loveland Drive. Parents are to drive through and wait for teachers to help students get into the cars. Parents, we ask that you do NOT park on both sides of Loveland Drive or in private driveways, and that you never leave your car unattended to walk down to the playground.
*Please do not enter the parking lot for drop off. At 8:20 am cones are put across the entrance to block traffic from entering. This allows staff to find a parking place and keeps the parking lot safe from moving traffic.