La Dolce Vita in June 2020
Relax, unwind, recharge and eco print, an Italian adventure!
Invitation from Nicola Brown
La Dolce Vita eco printing retreat
Monday, June 8th, 11:45-10:30am
Casa Colletta Vieste, Vieste, Province of Foggia, Italy
This affordable, relaxing and creative residential retreat includes........
- Accommodation in simple, comfortable and clean en-suite rooms at Casa Colletta Vieste
- A delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner each day (with wine!) prepared using fresh local ingredients
- A welcome lunch on Monday 8th June followed by the afternoon getting to know each other and planning our time together. During this session we will look at samples, discuss options and prepare for our first full day in the studio
- 5 full workshop days where we will explore submersion eco printing, steaming, tannin/iron reactions (without mordanting the fabric beforehand) and printing up-cycled clothing. We will be doing this in as environmentally friendly and health conscious way possible
- An optional day off on 11th to explore the area; I will be going for a good hike myself then working in the studio for a few hours. I’ll be off the clock from the teaching perspective but am very happy to for anyone to join me, hiking and/or in the studio!
- Exhibition on the evening of 14th showcasing eco printed pieces created during the retreat. This is a great chance to show, tell, discuss and take photos for future reference
- Wrap up breakfast get together on Monday 15th June followed by mid morning departure
Workshop participants need to.........
- Get to Cassa Colletta Vieste
- Bring their own workshop supplies, fabric, up-cycled clothing to print, poles to roll bundles around, string etc., etc.. I will provide a suggested materials list to all participants and can also order silk if necessary (given plenty of advance notice)
Who is this Italian adventure suited to?
This relaxing retreat is suited to experienced textile artists wishing to explore the magic of a “dirty pot” and total beginners wanting to start a new creative journey. Because of our wonderful location in the Gargano National Park, closeness to Vieste and beautiful beaches (7km away) this adventure is also particularly suited non-workshop participants. Optional half day excursions visiting the forest, sea, villages and locality around the farm can be arranged for approx €25 per person per excursion.
Cost of the retreat
€1300 per person in single en-suite accommodation including all workshop tuition and meals
€700 non workshop participating partner sharing en-suite accommodation and all meals
€900 non workshop participant joining us for the retreat in single en-suite accommodation and all meals
Retreat fees are strictly non-refundable so Nicola highly recommends holiday insurance.
Please email Nicola to reserve your place or if you have any questions. Payment in full now or 50% deposit by electronic bank transfer will confirm your place on the retreat, balance due at the end of a April. There will be a 3% surcharge to cover fees if anyone would like to be invoiced via PayPal.