Touching student lives ... one click at a time
We Need You....
Students in Liberty Oaks 4th Grade classrooms will be engaging in becoming a community of bloggers during second semester. Blogging is an excellent way for students to engage online to write for authentic audiences and receive feedback from outside sources such as our Digital Volunteers.
Throughout this project we will be creating spaces where students can learn and reflect. Our blogging platform, KidBlog, has been selected because it provides more security than the blogging tools adults typically use.
What are "blogs"?
- in the development of student writing
- in understanding different perspectives
- increasing student thinking and personal reflection
- in understanding how online platforms make connections and especially how important it is to be a good digital citizen - and stay SAFE!
Keeping Kids Safe
If you are interested in this program:
- You can fill out THIS Google form to start the process.
- The teacher will share blogging goals with the volunteers, including tips and examples for providing meaningful age-appropriate feedback to students.
- The teacher will set goals for completing your feedback to students as our goal is a reasonable but quick turnaround to keep students engaged in the conversation.
- After the first rotation, we will send out an optional survey to find out how we can improve the project for students, teachers, and Digital Volunteers!