Expectations & Procedures
The Nuts and Bolts of Independent Reading
As a grade level, create a belief statement about independent reading.
We will share when teams are done.
We will take the common thread among all grade levels to create our Schulze believes statement.
2. What problem do you foresee with establishing Independent Reading in your classroom?
3. Send one team representative to place them in the collection box. Remember, you don't have to sign your card if you don't want to.
Setting up Classroom Procedures
Things to consider:
Will we all follow the same procedures for our materials?
What are our non-negotiables as teachers and for our students?
Is there a better way to do what I'm already doing?
Classroom Procedures & Routines
"The most valuable resource that all teachers have is each other. Without collaboration our growth is limited to our own perspectives."
-Robert John Meehan
Think, Pair, Share
What are some tips, tricks and lessons you've used to teach your students how to
choose a spot
choose a just right book
Resources-- Just in Case You'd Like Some Ideas!
2. Use your previous learning, or what you've learned today to give that person a piece of advice, a possible solution, or just some kind words. Write this on a new index card and place it inside the envelope.
3. You'll get a signal when it's time to trade envelopes.
4. Someone will pick up all of the envelopes from you. Please make sure they're sealed.
5. Pick up your envelope!