Italy Web Quest
Task 1: Setting The Scene
What do i already know about Italy?
What would i like to know about Italy?
Task 2: The Physical Geography of Italy
Tallest Volcanoes in Italy
Mount Etna- 3329m
Amiata- 1738mMonte Vulture- 1326m
Most Recently Erupted Volcanoes in Italy
Mount Etna- 2013Mount Vesuvius- 1944
In 122 BC, when an explosive eruption rained so much ash and lapilli onto the town
of Catania that many of its buildings were destroyed by roof collapses.
Eruption in 1669
Eruption of 1669 was the worst than any other in Etna's history.
Task 3: Food
- They take food very seriously
- They sometimes don't eat the same things we would e.g donkey, snail, goat sea enchant
- Pizza is probably the most famous Italian dish, it was invented in Napoli/Naples around 1860
- The original name for 'spaghetti' was 'maccheroni.' The word 'spaghetti' actually means 'strings.'
- Italians eat spaghetti only with a fork? No spoon.....
3 Traditional Main Dishes
- Fettuccine Alfredo - A creamy Alfredo sauce, wide noodles like fettuccini.
- Lasagne -A classic dish, ground beef, sausage, ricotta, mozzarella and parmesean cheeses layered with wide strips of pasta.
- Spaghetti with tomato sauce - This is a simple dish, you can add extra ingredients including meatballs, mushrooms, broccoli, sausage, or ground beef.
3 Traditional Pastries
- Tiramisù – Savoiardi (lady fingers/sponge cake) is layered with mascarpone or zabaglione to make this ultra-popular Italian dessert.
- Cannoli – Powdered sugar and mascarpone fill fried pastry-dough tubes.
- Cavallucci - Rich Christmas pastries, flavored with anise, and known for their chewy texture.
Task 4: Culture and Tradition
- Family is very important for Italians.
- They had strong bonds and still do but less but more than other countries
- Families in italy shared bonds from food to culture to marriage to herritige
- It can be easily noticed the bond between italian relatives (my grandma and her brothers and my family)
- Italian art is basically a time line of their history
- Around the time of the renaissance to the 16th century was a big time for italian art
Task 5: What Is My favourite Part/Feature of Italy
Ancient Geographical Features and Buildings
but one of the places i want to go to the most is the colosseum.
It was made to be a practical place to seat up to 55,000 spectators to watch animals fight, gladiator matches and gladiators match animals. There were also up to 80 bigger than human statues so well crafted which we could still see today.
There are many aspects of the world that have these types of artefacts but what i love most about italy id how these types of things are all over the country.