Connected Educator Month
October is "Connected Educator Month" and this challenge is all about you utilizing various forms of social media that will improve your practice. Eric Sheninger, Senior Fellow and thought leader on Digital Leadership for the International Center for Leadership in Education stated that "we don't have to be connected educators, but why would we close the door on all of the amazing resources and people in social media?" There are a plethora of resources available for you to use an an educator on social media. This challenge involves you finding ideas, sharing resources, even collaborating with some great tools!
Complete ONE of the following tasks to have your name entered into a drawing for a bag full of all sorts of goodies! I would highly encourage you to complete more than one task, better yet, try to complete them all! For each task you complete, your name will be entered into the drawing.
- Participate in a #nebedchat (Wednesdays at 8CST) or #iosedchat (Thursdays at 8CST). OR participate in a Twitter chat that is relevant to your content area like #4thchat #ELAchat, #engchat, etc. Never participated in a Twitter chat? Watch this.
- Set up a time with me so that we can set up Tweetdeck on your computer. It will only take 5 minutes.
- Create a video and upload it to YouTube. Be sure to send me the link. Bonus: Tweet your YouTube video with the #aurorahuskies hashtag.
- Send me a Pin from your Pinterest page that is instructionally relevant.
- Tweet an image of an activity or event happening in your classroom. Be sure to include the #aurorahuskies hashtag in your Tweet.
- Subscribe to a blog that you like to read. Once you have subscribed, please share the link to that blog here.
- Share an Instagram account that motivates, inspires or moves you as an educator Be sure to share that account in this Google Document
- Compose a blog post about what it means to be a Connected Educator and publish it. Tweet your post (include #aurorahuskies) and email me the link.
Beginning and Ending
This challenge begins today. Challenge will conclude on October 30th at 9:00 p.m. One winner will be chosen from all of the entries. I will deliver your goodie bag on Monday, November 2nd!