Family Newsletter-August 21, 2020
Every year at this time, regardless of what is going on around us, I am excited by the anticipation of the upcoming school year. I love what I do and I love our community. While this school year will be like no other, we will be offering our very best for your child/children academically, socially and emotionally.
I have two children, ages 13 and 16 and they are still excited to get some school supplies and talk about what they are looking forward to this fall. I encourage you to foster that excitement with your child/children and talk about learning and engaging with teachers, staff and peers even though it will be different. What are they looking forward to? What are they nervous about? Which peers are they hoping to connect with? What staff members do they hope to engage with? What do they want to learn about? We will start our year off with positivity, optimism and enthusiasm for learning!
Our school office is now open virtually. While our school building and grounds are still closed to the public, you can call and email our office staff. Mrs. Zmolek, our Office Manager and Ms. Thomas, our Bilingual Secretary will be able to respond to calls, voicemails and emails to meet your needs and help answer questions.
I will be sending out more communication in the weeks leading up to the first day of school, so be on the look out for emails and newsletters.
Mrs. Gina McLain
Important Dates to Remember
- Thursday, Aug. 27th, 6:00-7:00pm--Lenox Principal Q&A virtual session. More info below.
- September 2-3 & 8–11: Lenox staff will be reaching out to each student and their family to welcome them back to school and ensure they have the technology tools and skills to be successful in an online environment. They will also help identify any needs or concerns a family or student may have. More info coming soon.
- September 8-11: Chromebook/hotspot and material distribution. More info coming soon.
- September 14: Comprehensive Distance Learning begins
- Mid October: District reviews health metrics and considers a timeline for moving to Hybrid Learning and will notify students and families.
- November 5: End of 9 week quarter
Comprehensive Distance Learning Family/Caregiver Guide
ParentVUE & Online Verification
Please make sure you have your ParentVUE account set up. ParentVUE is a tool for parents to access real-time information related to their student’s education progress. You can view your student’s schedule, attendance, grades, assignments and more.
Please make sure you complete the Online Verification through ParentVUE now so that we have all of your current information in our system. This ensures that you receive all communication from the Hillsboro School District and Lenox. The verification also asks important questions about our return to school this year, such as access to technology and other needs. It also asks you for Google Suite permissions for your student(s), which enables your student(s) to use Google, our Learning Management Platform for Comprehensive Distance Learning. Click here to learn more about Online Verification.
For more information about ParentVUE, please click HERE
School Supply List
Here is our K-6 school supply list for Comprehensive Distance Learning. Please do not worry if you are not able to get these items, we've got you covered!
- 2 -3 Regular Composition Notebooks/Spiral Notebooks
- 1 Graphing Composition Notebook (Grades 3 – 6)
- 1 Box Crayons
- 1 Box Colored Pencils
- 1 Eraser
- Glue Sticks or Glue Bottle
- Pencil Box
- Headset/Earbuds with Microphone (if possible)
Students will also need a computer/Chromebook for Comprehensive Distance Learning which we will provide if needed. We will also provide additional hands on items/manipulatives that are needed for distance learning. A schedule for pick up and/or drop off these items will be sent out closer to the start of school.