All about Certified Public Accountants
What it takes to be a CPA
- Must have taken and passed the CPA exam.
- Must have also passed the ethics exam offered by the state.
- Have at least one year of experiance of direct supervision of a CPA.
- A Bachelor's degree with at least 150 credit hours.
- Have a number of credit hours in accounting and business related courses.
Duties of an Accountant
- They are responsible to keep accurate financial records.
- Business Orgainization.
- Forensic Accounting
- Tax Planning
The Difference between Private and Public Accountants
Private Accountants work for only one business.
Public Accountants work with many different businesses.
Private Accounting careers
- Interal auditing
- Buget Consolidation
- Tax Accounting
- Cost Accounting
My Personal Reaction
It would be nice to see what a Public accountant does each day. But it also would seem overwhelming to me and very time consuming. Being a Public accountant is probably not for me.