This is about the cells and what they do.
The Prokaryotic Cell
A cell wall is composed of cellulose and hemicellulose, pectin. In many cases lignin, is secreted by the protoplast on the outside of the cell membrane.
Chloroplast contain chlorophyll, a green-colored pigment that absorbs sunlight, and allows the plant to make its own food in the process known as photosynthesis.
Cell Membrane controls what go in and what goes out.
Nucleus control every cell. It holds the DNA.
Cytoplasm (fluid that contains organelles)
- Nucleolus: membrane around the Nucleus
- Nucleus: is the control center of the cell. holds DNA
- Mitochondrion: provides energy
- Vacuole: stores water, salts, proteins, and carbohydrates
- Cytosol: Fluid that contains organelles
- Lysosome: A small, round cell structure containing chemicals that break down large food particles into smaller ones
- Cell membrane: controls which substances can enter or leave the cell.
The Cell Theory
- All living organisms are composed of one or more cells.
- Basic unit of life.
- All cells arise from pre-existing, living cells.