Upper Dublin in Review...
Legislative Meeting Briefs - August 2019
President's Welcome and Reports to the Board of School Directors
- President's Welcome - Dr. Levinowitz welcomed everyone and commented on beginning of school year activities.
- Superintendent's Report - Dr. Yanni presented his monthly Superintendent's Report. Please click here to read Dr. Yanni's full report.
Education Committee (Curriculum, Technology, and Pupil Services) Recommendations
- Curriculum - The Board approved the following actions: the UDHS British Exchange and professional conferences.
- Pupil Services - The Board approved a confidential educational agreement and five confidential service agreements.
Operations Committee Recommendations
- Routine Matters - The Board approved the disposal of excess, obsolete, and non-repairable equipment., and posting a Meyer snow plow for sale via Municibid.
- Other Approvals - The Board also approved the All Hazards Plan, a cost proposal for additional storm drain work for SRMS, ratified an Extra Work Order for SRMS roadway and access improvements, ratified an agreement for Asbestos Abatement Consulting Services, purchase of a 4WD truck for the grounds department, a contract for District-wide athletic field treatments, and Food Service Meal Prices for 2019-2020.
Finance Committee Recommendations
- Routine Matters - The Board approved routines matters such as the review of the treasurer's report and payment of bills.
- Other Matters - The Board also approved a Settlement Stipulation for 200 Dryden Road, the Winter Sports Bid, and payment for the UDHS Post Prom Party venue.
Personnel Committee Recommendations
- Routine Matters - The Board approved the personnel report, inclusive of appointments, resignations, leaves of absences, changes of status, degree changes, changes of contract status, curriculum leaders, mentors, and extracurricular activities.
- Other Matters - The Board also approved a substitute nursing services contract.
Policy Committee Recommendations
Policy First Readings - The Board affirmed the following first readings:
- Maintenance (704)
- Property Records (706)
- Integrated Pest Management (716)
- Employment of Relatives (301.1)
- Assignment and Transfer (309)
- Comprehensive Plan (100)
- Philosophy of Education (101)
- Academic Standards (102)
- First repeals of employee policies that will be combined into the 300s.
In Other Business...
- The Board approved the Superintendent Goals for 2019-2020, the Pennsylvania State Boards Association's Slate of Candidates for the annual election of its officers.
- The Board also voted to approve the appointment of Dr. Michael Resnick as the new school board member to fill the vacancy.
- Liaison Committee Reports - Board members provided reports on upcoming meetings.
- Solicitor's Report - Mr. Diasio provided the Sunshine announcement and notice of updated compulsory school age.
Community Input and Follow-Up Comments
The following topics were discussed by meeting attendees during the second community input period:
- Tours of the modular classrooms at SRMS
- Superintendent Goals
- Test return protocol
- Appointment of new school board member
- SRMS project budget
- Athletic fields