Mrs. Redfern's Classroom News
100th Day of School - Monday, February 1st
A Peek at the Week
Weekly Skills: Students will manipulate objects with their hands and well as investigate simple machines to develop a deeper understanding of force and motion. Through observations and keeping records, they will investigate the collision of two objects and the importance of direction and strength of the force.
Popcorn Words: 3Q Popcorn Words
Math: As the students have become very comfortable with number sense of 0-10, we will be developing skills to be fluent in addition and subtraction from numbers 0-5. Students will be using pictures, story problems, fingers and manipulatives to become proficient in composing (adding) and decomposing (subtracting) mathematical equations.
Help at Home
- Remind your child to return their reading folder.
- Identify UC and LC letters and sounds of the alphabet.
- Writing the sounds they hear when they stretch words.
- Letter and number formation.
- Spell simple CVC words (cat, rip, log, bed)
- Develop strong fine motor skills through cutting, writing and manipulatives.
- Practice Quarter 2 Popcorn Word List and Quarter 3 Popcorn Word List
- Please continue to work on tying shoes. Here is a helpful video!
Tuesday - Music
Wednesday - PE
Thursday - Art
Friday - Music
Tuesday - Carly
Wednesday - Marcus
Thursday - Jadon
Friday - Dominic
2.12 - No School PD
2.17 - Spring Pictures