Early Learning and School Readiness
2021 2022 State Support Team Region 5 Events
Early Learning Leadership Network
The Child Outcomes Summary process is a required team report compiled by the intervention specialist for students on their roster who have a preschool individual education program (IEP).
The initial training consists of three modules.
- Modules 1 and 2 are recorded sessions that you may take at your own pace. All activities and reflections in each module must be completed before moving on to the next module. Modules 1 and 2 must be completed in entirety at least one week prior to the Module 3 session which is virtual and live. The entire Initial training is a total of 6 hours.
- Module 1 - Essential Knowledge and Skills (1.5 hours) This session gives a brief overview of the Child Outcomes Summary Process and the five essential knowledge and skills needed to completed the process. Participants are required to complete all activities and reflections before taking additional modules. Please click on the link to access the recorded module. COS Padlet
- Module 2 - The Process and the Form (1.5 hours) This module provides participants with an understanding of the COS process including required timelines and how to complete the form. All activities and reflections are required to be submitted before attending Module 3. Please click on the link to access the recorded module. COS Padlet
- Module 3 (Initial)- COS Quality (3 hours) This module is required for initial training and recommended as a review for anyone in administration or who has taken the initial training in the past. Participants will review the decision tree and the 7-point rating scale, look at sample evidence and check for quality, find out why accurate reporting is essential, and ask any clarifying questions about the process. Please see dates and registration information below. COS Padlet
The Refresher Training consists of only module 3.
- Module 3 (Refresher) - COS Quality (3 hours) This module is recommended as a review for anyone who has taken the Initial Child Outcomes Summary training in the past. Participants will review the decision tree and the 7-point rating scale, look at sample evidence and check for quality, find out why accurate reporting is essential, and ask any clarifying questions about the process. Please see dates and registration information below. This module is for individual staff learning. COS Padlet
Module 3 Registration is in the OH/ID Portal.
Please sign up for the correct session (Initial or Refresher)
- March 1, 2022 (12:30-3:30 pm)
Module 3 Zoom Link
Play-Based Assessment Series
- August 3, 2021 (12:30-3:30 pm)
- September 7, 2021 (8:30-11:30 am)
- November 2, 2021 (12:30-3:30 pm)
- February 1, 2022 (12:30-3:30 pm)
- April 5, 2022 (Coaching sessions scheduled with teams)
Regional Itinerant Network
This Community of Learners will support itinerant teachers by focusing on the partnership between itinerant and teacher/caregiver. The group will extend their learning by applying the coaching practices in the books, Coaching with Powerful Interactions and 30 Days to the Co-Taught Classroom.
Click on the above title line to access Padlet of resources.
Note- If you are new to the network, please attend the "Overview of the Consultative Model" before attending the full "Itinerant Teacher Network"
Times: 12:30-3:30 PM
- September 7, 2021
- December 7, 2021
- April 5, 2022
- May 3, 2022