November 6th, 2013 ERPD
Lunch and Celebrations
I can use data from various sources to create purposeful groups.
I can locate/create instructional materials to meet the needs of each group.
- I can connect the differentiation process to PDSA, RtI, and the 5 learning centered questions.
- I can understand the generational divide between teachers and students, to ultimately meet the needs of all of my students.
Amber + Karen--Who are our students? Digital Divide and Generation Z
LOCATION: Media Center
1. WHOLE GROUP: Click here to access the Generation Z website (Characteristics, Common Core Connections, Career and College Ready, Workforce Preview)
2. How are you as a teacher connected? (Your digital footprint, what is the generational divide and how do we connect with our students?)
- Click here to access PowToon Video
- Click here to access graphic about how to connect with students
- Click here to access article with students' opinions on engagement in the classroom.
3. Click here to access information for Infographics (How do you define Generation Z visually?)
Boy Wonder Video--Who are our kids? What are they actually doing in our classes?
Click here to access planning document for your PLC work session.
During this time you will be taking the information that you received today and creating a lesson using purposeful groups and incorporating a web 2.0 tool.
Click here to access list of Web 2.0 Tools.
Teacher Expectation after ERPD
- Incorporate purposeful small groups and/or stations twice per week.
Continue incorporating groups into your classroom and lesson at least twice per week.