Tech Ninja Blast
Week of May 5, 2016
This Week's "JOT": ViewPure - Youtube videos without distraction!
The solution: ViewPure!
How does it work? Simple...
Step 1: Find a YouTube video you like.
Step 2: Paste its link (URL) into the field on the ViewPure homepage that says "Enter YouTube URL or search term..." (right click on the video in Youtube, "copy video URL", and then "paste" in ViewPure)
Step 3: Click Purify and enjoy. Yay! Your youtube video (and its surrounding interface) has been scrubbed clean! No more inappropriate Youtube surprises!
Give ViewPure a try and let us know what you think.
Q: I give different versions of the same test in my class. How can this be done more efficiently in Illuminate?
- Let's say you have different versions of an existing test (say...version "A" and version "B" etc.), simply print out a generic, pre-slugged student answer-sheet that can contains the number of questions that the test has (presuming that all versions have the same number of questions). Now, create as many assessments as you have versions (using either "On The Fly" or "Manual/Hybrid") - Assessments - Create New Assessment. Have students indicate "A" or "B" on their answersheet (or circulate around your class and mark them accordingly yourself). Score them in two batches using the camera in Illuminate. If you're using hybrid format, create different assessments (again an "A" version, "B" version, etc.) and either assign students their specific version (under Administration, Online Testing, +Add Roster) or assign all students each version and then direct students to individual versions based on their seating within the classroom. The other tests will disappear once the testing window has closed.
- If you're using ItemBank to create a test you can easily create different versions once the test is published. Select the assessment and under "Setup", click "Versions" and you're free to adjust the order of the questions on your assessment to be saved as a separate version and assigned as needed. (See image in the upper right)
To learn how Illuminate Education can be better used in your class to improve assessment delivery, streamline assessment scoring, and simplify data management and analysis, contact your school's friendly tech ninja today.
Article of Inspiration
With this year's SBAC testing window now firmly upon us, a bit of practical test admin advise is well in order. Have fun with this blog post from Love Teach and good luck to your students on this year's tests! Let's rock this thing!
Where's Binder This Week?
- Mon, May 2: SBAC Testing Support (MS), ELA Adoption Review (DO)
- Tues, May 3: SBAC Testing Support/Ed-Tech Support (MS), Ed Tech Plan Dev/Revision (DO)
- Wed, May 4: SBAC Testing Support (MS), Ed-Tech Support (MS), Ed Tech Plan Dev/Revision (DO)
- Thurs, May 5: Ed Tech Plan Dev/Revision (DO), SBAC Testing Support (MS), Ed-Tech Support (CHS)
- Fri, May 6: SBAC Testing Support/Ed-Tech Support (MS), Ed Tech Plan Dev/Revision (DO)