Friday, September 25
Follow Us On Twitter: @FranklinBolts
Like Us On Facebook: facebook.com/franklinms
WE NEED YOUR HELP-Magazine Sales
It's not too late to get out there and sell. Our next, and final, turn-in will be next Tuesday, September 29. Thank you for your continued support in Franklin and our annual fundraiser.
Follow the link for more information: http://franklin.cr.k12.ia.us/magazine-sales-are-underway/
Kona Ice Reward
1st Semester Conferences
P: Personal Best
A: Active Listening
Our first edition of Spotlight Students will be showcased in our next e-Newsletter.
Instructional Design Strategists
On Tuesday, September 15 U.S. Secretary of Education, Arne Duncan, visited Roosevelt Middle School on his nationwide "Ready for Success" tour. The Teacher Leadership System is what brought him to Cedar Rapids. The Cedar Rapids Community School District had their proposal accepted during the first wave of applications during the 2014-15 school year. Just as our students are vested in the learning process, the same can be said of our teachers.
We are lucky to have two wonderful Instructional Design Stategists that work with our faculty. Eriece Colbert & Jennykaye Hampton are working with our teachers on a daily basis by observing, co-planning, and being a resource to help them grow professionally. All buildings across the district have teacher leaders.
Follow the link to the article in The Gazette that recapped the Secretary's visit:
Gallup has added the voice of America's youth to the dialogue around how to ensure a positive future for America's students. The Gallup Student Poll, with over 3 million total completes to date, is designed to aid educators in providing a more focused education -- one that builds engagement, creates hope for the future, fosters talent and prepares students to participate meaningfully in our nation's economy by finding or creating a good job.
The 24 core items on the Gallup Student Poll measure and provide actionable data on four dimensions of student success:
- Engagement - the involvement in and enthusiasm for school
- Hope - the ideas and energy students have for the future
- Entrepreneurial Aspiration - the talent and energy necessary to build businesses that survive, thrive and employ others
- Financial/Career Literacy - the information, attitudes and behaviors that students need for healthy participation in the economy
Franklin Drama Club
- Jazz Band Auditions (students signed up for time)
- Girls' Soccer @ Kingston vs. Harding
- Volleyball vs. McKinley (7th Away, 8th Home)
- 2nd & Final Magazine Turn-In
- Boys' Tennis @ Harding
- 7th Grade Football vs. McKinley
- 8th Grade Marching Band Experience @ Kingston from 9:30-12:00
- Girls' Soccer @ Oak Ridge
- Cross Country @ Noelridge
- Boys' Tennis @ Oak Ridge
- Volleyball vs. Wilson (7th Home, 8th Away)
- Football vs. Regis/LaSalle