T-4 Killing Program
Nicholas Theriot 5
The Euthanasia Project
The Euthanasia Project in Action
At first the medical professionals and clinic administrators would only incorporate toddlers or infants. As the program grew they expanded to people up to 17 years of age. Estimates have been made that over 5,000 disabled German children have fallen victim as a result of the child "euthanasia" program during the war.
Expanding The Euthanasia Project
According to Hitlers directive, Fuhrer Chancellery director Phillip Bouhler and physician Karl Brandt undertook leadership of the killing project.
Fun Yet Awful Facts
- approximately 270,000 people lost their their life to the program
- patients were killed either by lethal injections, gassing, gas trucks, shooting or starvation
- approximately 400 people were apart of the operation
- In August of 1941 Hitler decided to terminate the program, which had become a public secret
- many historians see the operation as an experimental "rehearsal" before the final solution