Dangers and effects of air pollution.
Effects of air pollution on our Health.
Air pollution has many negative effects on our health. Air pollution can:
- Cause your eyes and nose to burn
- Irritate your throat and make breathing difficult.
- It can trigger respiratory problems ( eg. people with asthma).
- Toxic chemicals released in the air due to air pollution can cause cancer, birth defects, injury to the lungs, as well as brain damage.
- These chemicals can even cause death.
Effects of Air Pollution on The Environment.
Air pollution doesn't only effect us, but has a major impact on the environment as well. Toxic air pollutants and chemicals that form acid rain and ground level ozone can cause damage to trees, crops, wildlife, lakes and other water bodies. These pollutants also cause harm to fishes and other aquatic animals.
Effects of Air Pollution on Our Economy.
The economic impacts of air pollution are also significant. Each day, air pollution causes thousands of illnesses that lead to lost days at work and school. Air pollution reduces agricultural crop and commercial forest yields by billions of dollars each year, harming our economy.
Ways of Reducing Air Pollution.
Here are a phew easy ways you can help reduce air pollution and keep our air clean:
- Conserve energy - turn off any appliances and lights in your home that are not being used.
- Wash your clothes with warm or cold water instead of using hot water.
- Lower the thermostat on your water heater to 120F.
- Choose products that have less packaging and are reusable.
- Shop with a canvas bag instead of using paper and plastic bags.