Home of the Rockets
Eastridge Elementary School May 22, 2020
In remembrance of Memorial Day there will be no virtual school on Monday.
Happy Birthday Rockets!!!
May 23-- Kendall D.
May 23-- Emma J.
May 23--Dannaka P.
May 24--Maricela B-F.
May 24--Esperanza A.
May 24--Lela C.
May 26--Addix R.
May 26-- Daviona L.
May 26--Daniel S.
May 26--Olivia J.
May 26--BrinleyJo L.
May 27--Jasmine G.
May 27--Aileana L.
May 27--Edric S.
May 27--Branda'Nya S
May 28--Andrea J-J.
May 29--Rodney Marshall.
May 29--Fred Marshall.
May 30--Jon'paul C.
Good evening Eastridge Families. Please read these very important reminders as we wrap up the school year.
- Next week is our last offical week of school and Learn at Home Activities. Our last day of school is Friday, May 29th.
- Students who are currently in Kindergarten through 4th grade will be allowed to use their district assigned device over the summer. If you do not need the device or will not be attending Eastridge next year, you can turn your device in during material pick the first week of June or Monday - Friday from 11:00 - 1:00 at the Walker Career Center, Door 70. When turning in your device, you need to include the iPad or Chromebook, the charger, chrome book plastic shell, and carrying case.
- Early in June, we will be mailing grade level summer learning packets to all students in grades K-4. These packets will focus on essential math and reading skills as well as social emotional skills. Students will receive an incentive for completing their packet upon returning it to school in the fall.
- The Ransburg YMCA and other greater Indianapolis YMCA locations are now offering child care, ages 5-12, for families of essential workers. For more information, you can visit www.indyymca.org or call 317-484-9622.
- Please remember that all schools will be distributing student's personal items, including end of year reports cards, and collecting textbooks and library books via a drive through service the first week of June. If your child has personal items at Eastridge, please complete the survey link at bit.ly/endofyearpickup. Distribution of materials will take place Wednesday, June 3rd from 12-6pm for students with last names beginning with A-M, Thursday, June 4th from 12-6pm for students with last names beginning with N-Z. Friday, June 5th from 9am-12pm will be a make up day.
Have a great and safe Memorial Day Weekend!
How is my student’s attendance determined for Learn at Home?
All students are expected to engage in Learn At Home Activities to be marked present for the week. We will be taking attendance on a weekly basis. As a reminder, Warren is using two waiver days per week (Mondays and Wednesdays). When a student engages in Learn at Home activities they will be marked “present” for the week. We define engagement as meeting one or all of the following:
● Submitting classroom assignments
● Attending virtual class meetings
● Communicating with teachers in any other format
Whoever you are, wherever you are from--YOU count.
Parent Technology Learning Opportunities
Technology support is here! We are excited to offer opportunities for you to learn the technology utilized by your student(s) so that you can better support them in their Learn at Home/E-Learning Experience. We are offering support with Zoom, Google, Seesaw, and the Canvas Parent App. Register to join live learning Sessions with Q&A. Pre-recorded tutorials are also available.
Warren Padres / Cuidadores,
¡El soporte tecnológico está aquí! Nos complace ofrecerle oportunidades para que aprenda la tecnología utilizada por su (s) estudiante (s) para que pueda apoyarlos mejor en su experiencia de Aprendizaje en el hogar / E-Learning. Estamos ofreciendo soporte con Zoom, Google, Seesaw y la aplicación Canvas Parent. Regístrese para unirse a las sesiones de aprendizaje en vivo con preguntas y respuestas. También hay tutoriales pregrabados disponibles.
If you have purchased an Eastridge yearbook for your student they are scheduled to arrive near the end of May as usual. If you would still like to order a yearbook we did order extras that could be purchased as well. Yearbooks will be distributed during material pick up the week of June 1st.
Warren Food Outreach
Our food outreach will continue on Tuesdays and Fridays from 11-1 at 11 locations. Renaissance School, located at 30th and Post Road will be a new site and will replace Hawthorne Elementary. Wednesdays will continue to be 5:30 - 7 at 2 locations. Lakeside Elementary and now our Moorhead location at 8400 East Tenth Street will be a new site. If you have needs beyond what is being offered, please call or email our hotline at 317-869-4308 or MSDWarrenOutreach@warren.k12.in.us.
See flyer's below for additional information.
Preschool and Kindergarten Resigtration
Registration for the 20-21 Kindergarten / Preschool School Year
Out of District Registration
Need Technology Assistance
If you have questions about Learn at Home, or technology, please contact our eLearning/Learn at Home hotline at (317-608-0545) or email MSDWarrenELEARNING@warren.k12.in.us.
Drive through device support will be located at the following locations
Walker Career Center - Daily, 11-1pm, Door 70
If you find yourself in need beyond what is being offered, please call our District Community Outreach hotline at 317-869-4308 or email at MSDWarrenOutreach@warren.k12.in.us and someone will get back in touch with you as soon as possible
Learn at Home Frequently Asked Questions
Click here to see some guidance on frequently asked questions: