Hyman Fine News Flash
WEEK OF June 13, 2021
Dates to Remember
June 14: Flag Day Spirit Day - wear Red, White and Blue!
June 14: Grade 4 class celebrations - in the morning - see the time for each class below
June 16: Last day of school - Grades 1 - 4 (half day)
Thank you Families, staff and most of all, the students for all your hard work during this challenging year. We are proud of all of our students for their accomplishments and perseverance showing that they are true Hawk Heroes! I am so fortunate to be a part of this amazing learning community.
Wednesday, June 16 - Last Day of School - Early Release Day for grades 1-4. Dismissal will begin at 12:20. We wish our fourth graders well in Middle School and are looking forward to seeing everyone else back in the fall.
AVA Families, no action is needed from you in terms of re-registering your children for school. They will return to their home school in the Fall, unless you receive notification from us stating otherwise.
Report cards will be posted in the ASPEN portal after 2:00 on Wednesday, June 16th.
Have a healthy, happy and safe summer.
Have a great week ahead!
Celebrating Grade 4
Reminders for our celebrations on June 14th
- Please arrive no more than 15 minutes prior your child's scheduled celebration.
- Parking will be available in the lower circle and along the driveway on the right as you enter.
- Please follow the signs to enter the auditorium through the door on the balcony.
- There are numbered markers for distancing on the balcony for you to stand while waiting. Please line up in the order you arrive.
- You will be checked in as you enter and assigned to a table for contact tracing.
Thank you for helping us by following the guidance for the celebrations.
9:00 Mrs. Pierce's class
9:30 Mrs. Dooley's class
10:00 Mrs. Bassler's class
10:30 Mrs. Gorman's class
Photograph locations will be set up outside to photograph your child following the Celebrations. You will be directed where to meet your child if you wish to participate using your own camera.
Summer 2021 Learning Opportunities
HERE is a link to click for the Summer 2021 Learning Opportunities Newsletter. This contains resources for students at all grade levels.
- Summer reading lists by grade
- APL Summer Reading information
- ST Math and Lexia resources
- Wide Open Schools learning opportunities
- Community offerings
Don't miss out - there's so much available for families!
School Issued Devices Over the Summer
Students in K-4 will be keeping their school-issued devices at home over the summer. If your child is participating in district-provided learning opportunities this summer, they will need to use that device. We want to share a few reminders about their use:
- No food or drink is allowed while using a school-issued device.
- This device is your responsibility. Please treat it with respect.
- This device should remain safely in the carrying case at all times (if one was provided).
- Make sure to keep the device and charger in a safe place.
We strongly encourage you to set aside some time over the summer to have your child log in to the digital learning tools they’ve used at school. Doing so will help them retain and strengthen the skills they learned this year.
- Clever (provides access to ST Math, Lexia, and other accounts they login to at school)
- Wide Open School - “Activities for kids learning from home.”
- APS Elementary Tech Skills - (typing skills, coding, etc.)
- All Attleboro residents are eligible to sign-up for an account with the Attleboro Public Library which allows access to their eLibrary. Also, all Massachusetts residents are eligible to sign up for an account with the Boston Public Library which also offers an eLibrary.
Should you have any issues with the device over the summer, please reach out to the building administrators. Please note, due to the variability of summer schedules, you may not receive an immediate response.
Summer Reading at the Attleboro Public Library
New Kindergarten Information
Kindergarten Orientation for children and families will be September 7th.
The first day of Kindergarten will be September 8th.
Click here to get to the Hyman Fine Webpage for the link to register. REGISTER IN FULL BY MAY 1ST to ensure your child is placed at Hyman Fine in the Fall. REGISTER AS SOON AS POSSIBLE PLEASE.
Free Reduced Lunch Applications
All students enrolled in Attleboro Public Schools will continue to receive free meals through June 2022 regardless of eligibility status. However, families are required to submit updated free/reduced lunch applications annually. Though students will continue to receive free meals, an application must be submitted each school year to qualify for additional support. The lunch application can be found HERE and can be completed until May 31, 2021 for the current school year.
fee for service 2021-2022
The APS website for Fee for Service for the 2021-2022 SY has been updated. Information for Fee for Service 21-22 can be found under the “For Families” Tab (Transportation-FFS) www.attleboroschools.com/central_office/transportation/transportation_2021-2022
Drop off and pick up safety
Dear Hyman Fine Families,
1- Please make sure you continue to screen your children for Covid-19 symptoms before sending to school. Please do not send sick children to school.
2- Please make sure you send your child to school with an appropriately fitting, clean mask.
3- Please make sure your child has a bottle of water and a healthy nut safe snack for school every day.
4- For younger students, (Grades K-2) please place a clean change of clothes in their backpack every day, for any unforeseen circumstances.
Thank you very much!
Karen Mages, BSN, RN
Hyman Fine Elementary School
Pooled Testing Results
We would like to share the results from the pooled surveillance testing conducted at Hyman Fine on June 7 & 8. The results indicate that all pools tested negative.