Standard Middle Warriors
Family Newsletter - October 2020
The Warrior Way
This year has had quite the different beginning! We appreciate all you are doing to make Distance Learning successful for your student.
We greatly appreciation your patience as well navigate all that a encompasses the start of the school year. Our goal is to partner with our families to create a positive school climate for all. We encourage you to stay informed and get involved.
Progress Reports were mailed out September 18th. The 1st Quarter ends on Friday, October 9th. If you are concerned about your student engaging and completing work, please reach out to your child's teacher for that subject. All teacher emails are listed on the Staff page of our new school website sms.standardschools.net.
School Pictures are Coming October 5-9th! Follow the schedule to bring your student(s) to the SMS GYM at 126 Ferguson for a school picture. These will be used for student i.d. cards and the yearbook. You may also order pictures that day or online. Click Here for the flyer with more information!
We need Parent Volunteers! PTSA is looking for parents dedicated to make this an amazing year for students. Yes-we even need officers!! Use this FORM to sign up to help and someone from PTSA will contact you. YOU can help make a difference in the lives of our students!
On Friday, October 30th from 1-3 pm, Staff from the Standard School District will be coming through our neighborhoods in cars for a "Costume Cruz!" parade! The event map will be coming soon! Students can dress in their Halloween costumes and wave a school staff (many will be dressed up too!). It's our way to spread some fall cheer!
We greatly appreciate the home-school relationship in working together for your student's success. Standard Middle is looking forward to a year of greatness with students!
Infinite Campus Parent Portal Access is a website that allows parents to access information about the student. For your login credentials - please contact the district office (661) 392-2110.
You can download a Standard School District APP through Google Play or iTunes! A quick way to access our webpage from your phone!
Students may go online and reserve a book of their choice to take home to read! Our librarians will check out the book and have it waiting in the school office within 2-days.
- Students go online to ALEXANDRIA to search for and reserve their book.
- Students may also complete this FORM to request a title.
We also have a number of exciting activities for students who love to read COMING SOON!
- Battle of the Books - SMS version
- Book Clubs
- Guest Readers
- Creating Journal Workshops
Students who select Young Adult titles will require a parent signature for approval. We will provide the form if those titles are checked out to your student.
The librarians will have VIRTUAL hours everyday weekday from 1:30-2:30 pm. Students access from their google classroom and a LINK will be emailed to every student.
Social Media Connections
Standard Middle PTSA
SMS Warrior Band & Choir
@StandardMiddle - OFFICIAL Standard Middle School Facebook Page
1. Send a text message to this number: 40404
2. Type "follow @StandardWarrior" in the message
3. Make sure there is a space between "follow" and the "@" sign
TIPS for Successful Distance-Learning
- Using your own device? Here's step-by-step directions on how to add your student's school account.
- Students MUST start their learning time through CLASSLINK. This gives them access to all of their programs.
- Have access to your student's schedule and classroom information through our Parent Portal on Infinite Campus.
- Students will receive information through their school email accounts as well.
- If you need a device or your student's device is not working properly, come to the SMS Administration building.
- Make sure your student attends school ONLINE everyday on-time. Office hours for teachers will be listed on the schedule.
- Make sure your contact information is current. Call the school to update phone numbers and addresses. You may update your email through Parent Portal.
- Stay connected by keeping up-to-date through our social media and school webpage. Join our parent groups-volunteers are always appreciated.
- Need a HotSpot for wifi service? Contact the district office at (661) 392-2110 for more information.