7th Grade Tie-Dye Project!
Starts Monday . May 9
As the year draws to a close, seventh graders are going to do a project that will require you to send in some supplies. After learning about hues, color gradation, chemical reactions, and spatial prediction, your child will be left with a t-shirt to wear on his or her last day of seventh grade!
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- A t-shirt for your child to dye . . .
a new one, an old one, any one that fits! It will be dyed!
- A donation of several rubber bands, the strong kind. We will need about 20 per child so as many you can send in would be fabulous.
- A quick response! We want to start as early as Monday!
WHAT WE WILL PROVIDE
- The dye.
- The time to prepare the shirts for dyeing.
- The laundering of the shirts after dying so that they can be worn.
Again, we will be starting this project as early as Monday! Please, please, please don’t feel you need to go buy a new shirt for your child. It might be kind of fun to “upcycle” a rarely worn t-shirt from the back of the drawer.
Seventh Grade Teachers