December 4, 2015
GEORGIA MILESTONES RESULTS
- Individual student e-reports have been posted to the ParentPortal for all students that took the Spring 2015 End of Grade assessments while enrolled in GCPS.
- Parent guides have also been posted in the ParentPortal.
- Class Roster reports will be placed in teacher mailboxes today or Monday.
- Individual student paper reports are currently being sorted and will soon be shipped to local schools.
COLD WEATHER RECESS REMINDERS
- Temperatures are starting to drop near freezing for low temperatures with daytime temperatures in the 40 to 60 degree range.
- It is suggested that when wind chill temperatures drop below 40 degrees, the amount of time spent outside should be limited to 20 minutes of less during school hours.
- The amount of time should be adjusted down as the temperatures drop below freezing.
- Check the wind chill or heat index by using the following link: http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/l/USGA0082:1:US
WINTER BREAK ENERGY INITIATIVE
With the addition of over a million square feet of building space and no increase to the utility budget, we are asking for your help to reduce utility costs over winter break.
Please ask your staff to do the following prior to leaving for the break:
- switch off all lights
- shut down or switch computers off (not all computers are part of auto shut down)
- switch off monitors and printers
- ensure no equipment is left on standby and unplug all non-essential items
With cooler weather approaching, please also remind staff that space heaters are prohibited in all areas of an educational facility by Fire Code.
Thank you for supporting the District's energy initiatives.
- Congratulations again to our November Staff Paw winners: Jennifer Streich, Leigh Hewatt, Ann Barkett, Julie McClellan, and Jessica Maston.
- Please remember to drop a "Staff Paw" in the box in the break room the next time you want to let a colleague know how much you appreciate them!
- Cafeteria Update: Thank you for your willingness to try new changes in the cafeteria. The new seating in the cafe has improved the noise level, and we hope that this continues in the weeks to come!
- REMINDER: Teachers, please stand in the hallway by your classroom doors for the first 15 minutes of bus call both in the AM and in the PM. Hallway monitors are outnumbered, and your presence is needed to ensure the safety and security of our students! Thanks!
- Please take some time to review the following school-wide discipline data for October and November at your grade level meetings. More specific grade level data will be shared in the future as well to prompt grade level discussions and feedback on current processes.
- Thank you for keeping a "Pawsitive" attitude and staying the course with PBIS. Effective change takes time, patience and endurance. We appreciate each and every one of your efforts so far this year during our implementation!