Welcome to the Rainbow Leaders Newsletter!!
As you continue to plan and prepare for Employee Education Conference Day 2015, we hope you enjoy the training that have been selected for everyone this year. There will be a link to complete a survey regarding EECD 2015. The link will be provided in the September Teacher Newsletter and emailed to the Program Director. Please take a moment to respond to the survey so we can learn how to make this day even more beneficial. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/EECD2015
Education Specialist Webinars
We will resume our monthly calls for Education Specialists starting 9/22 from 1:00-2:00 p.m. On this call we will be reviewing new materials for the fall and reminding about all of the Education items that should be in place for fall.
Health, Safety and Licensing Coordinator
Appropriate Care and Supervision during Food Service
Some best practices for maintaining proper supervision during food service are:
- Have children wash their hands just before eating and in small groups that can be easily supervised.
- Encourage caregivers to sit with children during meals and snacks.
- Make sure to have all necessary supplies, such as napkins for spills and extra utensils in case one gets dropped, within reach so a caregiver does not have to leave the room to retrieve items once food is served.
- Have a written policy for all staff outlining exactly who will do what during meals and snacks and how proper supervision of children will be maintained at these times
- Serve food family style instead of preparing each child’s plate for them to save time.
- Consider having snacks that are ready to serve with minimal preparation involved.
- Whenever possible, prepare meals and snacks ahead of time. Meal and snack time should be a positive experience for both children and caregivers. Properly supervising children during these times will reduce the amounts of incidents or accidents children have and the amount of stress that caregivers may experience
Positive staff and family morale is an aspect of our day to day operations that tends to get overlooked. Yet it is one of the most important facets of a center and it is one feature that separates an okay or good center from a great one! Keeping a fun, upbeat, and positive atmosphere, where both staff and families are happy, is a key to successful retention. In turn, successful retention of both staff and families helps alleviate stress for all parties as creates a stable environment where they are greeted with familiar faces, whom are aware of routines, needs, and personalities. Each month we will help provide ideas as well as general tips for connecting with staff and families. As always we would also love to hear your ideas and see your hard work! Please send ideas and pictures of completed activities to email@example.com.
Staff Appreciation Idea- “If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.” –Matilda. September 13th is Positive Thinking Day; remind your coworkers that good thoughts and positive attitudes create a great atmosphere to work in. In the break room create a “Good Thoughts” poster and encourage staff members to write down good thoughts and positive praise about each other and the center.
Family Connection Idea- September 29th is International Coffee Day and who doesn’t need a nice aromatic cup of coffee in the morning? Set up a coffee station for parents to enjoy a quick pick me up as they drop their little love bug(s) off for the day.
Compliance Auditor - Confidentiality