3rd - 4th 6 Weeks Data Analysis
Dearest 3rd Grade Team,
Thank you so much for making our Data Analysis so rich! I am so glad we had the opportunity to interact and share best practices to continue serving our scholars with top-notch instruction! Also, thank you for your effort in knowing your data, for your participation and insight. I am so glad we are working together!
Below you will find the recap of today's 4th 6 Weeks Interim Assessment Data Analysis Meeting.
- Our main purpose is to improve student academic achievement.
- Effective instruction makes the most difference in student academic performance.
- There is no excuse for poor quality instruction.
- 3.6C - 84% masatery overall
- 3.6A, question #3 90% mastery overall
- 3.6D 84% mastery overall, it was the first time tested. We credit the performance to having it taught isolated from perimeter, and related to arrays.
Areas of Growth by Question
Question #7, 59% mastery / TEKS 3.3H 70% mastery overall
In Small Group Instruction, use concrete model to compare fractions. Make sure that students are writing the fraction next to the pictures when doing pictorial models.
Question #12, 61% mastery / TEKS 3.6A, 73% mastery overall
Create TEKS Center using the K-5 Math Teaching Resources activities. Also include during morning work or problem of the day (open-ended problems, prompt discussion within students, then show multiple choice and justify why each of them would be true or false).
Use as problem of the day for at least 2 days per week.
Question #15, 63% mastery / TEKS 3.6C, 84% mastery overall
Use similar problems as problem of the day for at least 3 days per week. Word problems include numbers in written form instead of numeral form. Make sure that problems are open-ended for students to be able to show work, and require to draw a picture or model as justification.
Coming up... Extended Planning
During our Extended Planning on Thursday 2/18 we will be using the Heat Maps to identify which TEKS need to be covered. We will be creating the 5th 6 weeks Curriculum Map, including the countdown to the STAAR.
Make sure to bring:
- Student Expectations Analysis Handbook
- Heat Maps
- Blue binder with materials for instruction (STAAR master, Envision math, K-5 Math Teaching Resources, etc.), other resources such as Motivation Math, STAAR Ready, etc.
Activities in the classroom
I shared with you the book Engaging Mathematics, volume II by Region 4 activities through Google Drive.
If you would like to get your own book, here's the link to purchase http://www.region4store.com/Catalog.aspx?catid=1171642
Thanks for all you do! And if you have any question/doubt/suggestion/etc, please let me know! :)
Remember to add your favorite links, or send me the link so I can add it! :)