Strings and Things
The Point Loma String Project Monthly Newsletter
Included in this Issue...
- Photos from the concert
- We're on Facebook!
- Fun ways to make music a part of your summer
- Teacher Evaluations for the intermediate and advanced classes
SPREAD THE WORD!
you are our biggest marketing tool! Most of our students are told about our program by existing or previous students. Please spread the word about the Point Loma String Project! We have flyers and poster available - if you know of people who could use or post them please contact email@example.com and we will send you some!
We're on Facebook!!
Like our page, share our posts, look at our pictures (tag familiar faces!) and help get the word out!
Fun Ways to keep students interested in music over the summer
- Family "concerts": Have a grandparent coming in town? a friend visiting? or just a free afternoon? ask your student to organize a short concert! (bonus points for crafting and decorating a fun program!)
- Apps & Games: There are tons of music apps in the app store! some are very educational and others are games that make learning music genuinely fun! Spend a few minutes to find one or more that suit your child and let those apps be a part of your student's media time throughout the summer.
- Apply that note knowledge: Find a beginner song book, and apply what your student has learned throughout the year! Simple arrangements of popular songs or movie soundtracks can easily be found on Amazon, or at music stores. Just be sure it is for the appropriate instrument and is marked "beginner" or "easy".
Have other ideas to share? or pictures to post of those awesome programs? Tag us on our new Facebook page!
We have only received ONE evaluation in both the intermediate and advanced classes! If you have 3-5 minutes, please help us improve our program by answering these quick questions!