The Cuda Nation
BBST Newsletter, Volume 8, issue No. 2
Time to get in the pool!
On Monday, April 11th, we will be having our "Meet and Greet" day, which is a little bit different than a normal practice. First of all, nobody will be getting into the pool on Monday, so no need to wear your suit, bring a cap, or a towel. Secondly, we will have different times than our normal practices as you are not swimming.
Please try to come to as many practices as possible!
Practices are Monday thru Thursday
School Year Schedule
NO PRACTICE Memorial Day, May 30th or the last day of school for CFISD on June 1st.
13 & up **
6 & Under & new 7 year olds *
7 & 8 year olds
9 & 10 year olds
11 & 12 year olds **
*All new-to-the-team 7 year olds must attend the 6 & under practice until the coach says it is time to move to the 7/8 practice.
**Swimmers 11 & Up will need tennis shoes everyday for dry land exercises (first 15 minutes of each practice). They may want to wear shorts and/or a shirt over their suit for this portion.
Mondays are afternoon practices are at the same time as "School Year" schedule times due to pool cleaning and maintenance.
Tuesdays through Thursdays
9 & 10 year olds
7 & 8 year olds
6 & Under & new 7 year olds
11 & up
8:45-9:45 A.M. (with 15 minute dry land)
Important dates from beginning of the season to the first meet.
- 4/11 Meet and Greet (no swimming)
- 4/12 First Day of Practice (weather permitting)
- 4/18 Swimmer Information Sheets and DUE to coaches
- 4/22 ALL late registration fees and volunteer deposits DUE!
- 4/29 Last Day to Drop with a Refund
- 5/2 Team Pictures
- 5/5 & 5/6 Time Trials
- 5/10 Times required in the computer to compete in first meet
Equipment Swimmers Need
- Goggles (required)
- Swim cap (optional, but highly recommended, especially for girls. All hair shoulder length or longer must be tied up.)
- Fins, for all 11 & up swimmers (more information below)
- Practice suit (girls: please no 2 piece suits like tankinis or bikinis)
Fins for 11 & Up swimmers
Fins help to better and more effectively practice kicking techniques and endurance skills. The coaches will be using these with swimmers at least one time per week. Due to the different sizes fins come in as well as sanitary reasons, the team is unable to supply fins to borrow.
These can be purchased at A-Gleam Swim and Sport or any sporting good store.
Rules & Reminders for Parents and Swimmers
- The pool, activity center and surrounding areas are no smoking (including vape) areas.
- Alcoholic beverages may not be openly consumed in and around the pool area, including Festival Park and the Activity Center.
- BBST has a zero tolerance policy for bullying. Any behavior determined by the Board of Directors to be bullying will result in the dismissal of that swimmer or family from the team without a refund. This includes swimmers, siblings, parents and other adults and children at practices, pep rallies, special events, or meets.
- When your swimmer arrives at practice, have him/her sign-in, non-swimmers should leave a clear path to the gate for other swimmers entering the pool area.
- Any non-swimmers attending practiced should be in under the blue awnings between the lane pool and lower level pools (this includes parents, siblings, and anyone else not currently participating in the practice).
- Please refrain from sitting near the shallow end of the pool as this is a distraction for swimmers.
- Please do not talk to the coaches during practice. They want to give your questions and comments the attention they deserve. Therefore, it is best to email them.
- The lower level pool area and splash pad are off limits during practices per HOA rules. Please do not allow your children to play in or around these areas.
- if your child would like to run around or play, please feel free to use the playground just outside the pool gate.
- Bike riding is not allowed inside the pool gates. All bikes must be walked and parked inside the pool area.
Swimmer Information Sheets
Please turn in your swimmer's information sheet no later than April 18th!
Swim Buddies needed for 6 & under practices!
We are looking for older swimmers (preferably 13 & up or strong 11/12 swimmers) to help with our 6 & under swimmers at their practice!
Swim Buddies stay in the pool with these swimmers during their practice. The goal is to have the Swim buddies help the coaches by assisting swimmers to correct their stroke and for safety reasons.
If your swimmer is interested in becoming a Swim Buddy, please contact Coach Jennie for more information.
For students seeking community service hours, the coaches will sign-off on them if you consistently help as a Swim Buddy!
Bridgeland Barracuda Swim Meet Dates
Invitational Meet dates will be given later in the season, as soon as they are available.
AWAY meet vs. Deerfield
HOME meet vs. Copperfield
AWAY meet vs. Cypress Mills
HOME meet vs. Spring Cypress
AWAY meet vs. Gleannloch Farms
End of Season Championship Meet at Cy-Ranch High School
There will be a Pep Rally the Friday before each meet from 6 P.M. to 7 P.M. at Festival Park!
All meet sign-ups will be online again this year. This includes swimmer RSVP's and parent volunteers.
They can come to your pool or you can go to theirs. If you are interested in swim lessons from our coaches, please contact them via email.
Please note: Our coaches are not currently allowed to give private swim lessons at the Bridgeland Pools. If this should change, we will inform you.