The Collaboration Corner
Collaborative for the Common Good Newsletter - March 2021
Feeling Lucky to be CCG!
With everything going on this March, we are feeling lucky to be CCG!
March is Women's History Month!
- Dr. Kaitlyn Perry and Dr. Sandi Mills (WU Mathematics Department)
- Gena Moore (Carolina Farm Stewardship Association)
- Amy Sperry (Union County Education Foundation)
- Jessie Lindberg (Turning Point, Inc.)
- Darlene Kindle (Carolina Equine Rescue & Assistance - CERA)
- Jesse Granger (UC Council on Ageing)
- Dr. Kristin Stowe and undergrad Victoria Casiano-Cantoran (Economic Impact Course ECON 413)
- Rayni Collins (Center for Emotional Health)
- Dr. Reeti Douglas (Occupational Therapy)
- Kelly Shepherd Watts (Trinity Wellness Community Center)
- Dr. Candy Lapan (WU and the CCG)
- Sarah Busby (2019-2020 WU VISTA)
Introducing Voice of the Students - A New CCG Podcast Series
Check out this and all other episodes of Against the Grain on Apple Podcasts, TuneIn and Spotify!
Celebrating our HungerCorps Vista!
Creating the Union County Food Council
If you're interested in being a part of their team, please join the general meeting on March 18th from 4-5 pm.
Food and Fellowship for Wingate Students
Read the white paper about her awesome work below:
Harvesting and Happenings in the Wingate Community Garden
- Rent a raised bed! - Do you want to be a part of our community garden? We are looking for individuals or groups to rent out our 8 raised beds! We provide the water and tools, just bring your green thumb. We will have seeds that you can choose from, or you can plant your own. Our garden manager and other members of our team will help you maintain your plot. If you are interested, contact email@example.com or call 704-283-3801 for more information.
- Farmer’s Market Questionnaire - Are you a part of the community and want to give input about a potential farmer's market on the Wingate University campus? If so, please fill out our Farmer's Market Interest Questionaire using this link!
- Agriculture Immersion Summer Experience - This opportunity, sponsored by Wingate University, the NC Cooperative Extention, and AmeriCorps, allows rising 8th graders the chance for fun and educational experiences during their summer break. Check out the flyer below to learn about the awesome weekly themes, and contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details!
- Community Garden Cooking with Dr. Erika Niland and Hannah Fraser - Watch the video below to learn how to make pickled carrots; Erika and Hannah demonstrate the process using fresh produce from our very own garden!
Join an A.L.I.E.N. event this March!
If this sounds like your kind of adventure, join our next session on March 20th from 10 am - 4 pm on beautiful Southern 8ths Farm, only 30 minutes from Wingate University! Anyone seeking to grow in their leadership skills can contact CCG Leadership Intern Adden Howard (email@example.com) and faculty member Dr. Nick DeLangie (firstname.lastname@example.org) for details, or apply at the link below!