Week of 12/8/14
Hello 2Mu Parents and Guardians!
Here is a look into what happened in our learning community this week!
- Finished writing up our lab reports
- Learned to organize our data in the form of graphs and charts
- Wrote conclusions using scientific "expert" words
- Read and worked with the folktale, How Chipmunk Got His Strips to learn more about characters and their character traits
- To deepen our comprehension skills, we learned how to summarize story details
- During Phonics we learned words with -ed and -ing endings
- As part of our Grammar lessons, we worked present time verbs
- We also learned more about synonyms
- Worked with temperature in Fahrenheit and Celsius
- Solved problems to determine change in temperature
- Learned how to estimate
- Read the Egyptian version of Cinderella and Cinder Edna.
- In computers, we completed the Hour of Code where students learned to write code like computer programmers
Students had to cut out pictures of toys, give them a price, and stamp out the amount of coins they would use to pay for the item.
2Mu won the Barnes & Noble poster contest for the entire school!
Looking forward to our pretzel party compliments of the PTA.