Also known as a tomato
Facts about my tomato?
- You can eat my plant.
- My plant growin a garden.
- My plant is red.
- It is not a flower.
- It is a fruit not a vegetable because vegetables do not have seeds and a tomato has seeds.
Parts of a plant and it's function
- Roots: they are like straws they feed and give water to the seed.
- Stems: support the plant to hold it up right.
- True leaves: when a seed first comes out of the soil there are first leaves that sprought called cotyledons these leaves are a food source for the plant.
- Seed leaves:the seed leaves are the food for the seedling until leaves can grow and it can make it's own food.
- Stamen: the stamen produces pollen to reproduce.
- Pistil: at the center of a flower is the pistil this is the female part of a flower.
Stages of a flower.
- Birth: is when a seed sprout leaves.
- Growth and development: is when the stems get longer.
- Reproduction: is when it makes seeds or gives pollen.
- Death: is when the leaves fall off and they don't re-sprout.
What is photosynthesis?
It's a chemical process where plants use light to produce glucose and oxygen from carbon dioxide and water to produce food for the plant. I also learned that photo means liht and synthesis means putting together.