Lions' News Network
June 11, 2021
Calling All Library Books!
All books are to be returned by June18th . I appreciate your help in locating and returning any books that are borrowed .
Chorus and Orchestra Students Perform at Spring Concert
5th Grade Fun with the Harlem Wizards!
Kindergarten Fun at Recess
A Birthday Book Story
From the Vroubel Family "Ian Vroubel ( K- Fiore) took out a library book called I’m Bad and when we opened it, we saw it was from the 2008 Birthday Club with Will Arzonico’s name on it. Will is our neighbor and graduated high school this month (Seton Hall Prep-class of 2021). This book was from the Birthday Club during Will’s kindergarten year. When we showed it to him and his family, everyone was amazed and excited. Will’s parents were happy to see that the book is still being read and shared with the school. I have attached pictures of Will and his kindergarten book as well as a picture of Ian and Will together holding the book :). There has to be a future tradition out of this story! Thank you MPE and the MPE library."
End of the Year Parties
Monday, June 14th Grade 4 at 1:45- 2:15 pm
Tuesday, June 15th Grade 3 at 1:45 - 2:15 pm
Wednesday, June 16 K parties at 1:45 - 2:15 pm
Thursday, June 17 Grade 1 at 1:45 - 2:15 pm
Friday, June 18 Grade 2 at 1:45 - 2:15 pm
Device Collection for Students in Grades 2, 3, 4 and 5
The Technology Department will be collecting student devices for grades 2 through 5 in order to be able to prepare the devices for use for the 2021-2022 school year. Device collection will occur on Monday, June 21 for Grades 2 and 3 and Tuesday, June 22 for Grades 4 and 5. Please ensure your child brings their device and charger to school on the day their grade is assigned for collection. Any student that does not hand in a device and/or charger during the collection will be assessed a device fine in Genesis until the device and/or charger is returned.
Please note: Students in grades K and 1 will NOT need to bring in their device as they just received them in March.
Thank you for your assitance.
- June 14 -Kindergarten Moving Up Ceremony - 9:00 - 9:30 - Mrs. Alterman's Class (Please do not arrive prior to 8:45) on the MPE blacktop
- June 14 - Kindergarten Moving Up Ceremony - 9:45 - 10:15 - Mrs. Fiore's Class (Please do not arrive prior to 9:35) on the MPE blacktop
- June 15 - Kindergarten Moving Up Ceremony - 9:00 - 9:30 - Mrs. Raje's Class (please do not arrive prior to 8:45) on the MPE blacktop
- June 16 - 5th Grade Moving Up Ceremony - 9:00 a.m. Parents may not arrive prior to 8:40 am. Please bring low beach chairs if you would like to sit. Students will be seated under the MPM tents
- June 17 - Rain date for Grade 5 Moving Up Ceremony at 9:00 am
- June 18 - 5th grade water balloon toss/students only
- June 23 - 5th Grade Yearbook Signing and Donut Truck
- June 24 - 5th Grade Clap-out - Time to be determined
Thank you for amazing School Fair!!!
To all who attended, thank you! If you accidently took the wrong pair of red high top sneakers, give the office a call and we can make the switch!!
5th grade camp day
5th Grade Moving Up Ceremony - Wednesday, June 16, 9:00 a.m.
Hello parents/guardians of 5th grade students. We are very excited to celebrate the 5th graders with you on Wednesday, June 16 at the Moving Up Ceremony. Please carefully read the instructions for the day that were sent in an email on June 8th.
To assist the main office with attendance and to ensure the safety of all students, please complete this short mandatory survey as soon as possible about your plans for the day by clicking the link below. Thank you!