February 8, 2016 begins the Year of the Monkey!
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
- Monday, February 8: After-School Arts classes begin
- Thursday, February 11 from 3:30-4:30: February Dance for 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders--Sign up to volunteer and/or contribute here: <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1l5jtv4BoH7VAbQTOEvVoWoBBE5frnRv-4960GbUPNX0/edit?ts=56abcb3d#gid=0>
- Friday, February 12: By Friday, the third $100 payment (total of $300) for the Washington, D.C. Trip is due for each student and chaperone. Here is the link to pay online (Please remember to click on the 5th-grade Washington, D.C. Trip!): <http://osp.osmsinc.com/AshevilleNC/BVModules/CategoryTemplates/Detailed%20List%20with%20Properties/Category.aspx?categoryid=BP008>
- Monday, February 15 from 8:15-12:45: Muddy Sneakers Field Trip--Please note: We will need volunteers/chaperones for this trip, which entails hiking around Weaver Park at an easy pace with a naturalist and a small group of students. PLEASE E-MAIL MS. ZUNGUZE at <email@example.com> ASAP, IF YOU ARE ABLE TO CHAPERONE THIS TRIP!
- Also, Monday, February 15 from 1:30-2:30: Class Valentine's Day Party--If you would like to share a treat or note for each student, you are welcome to do so. Please do not exclude anyone, if you decide to participate. A class list is below.
- Friday, February 19: Regular School Day (makes up for snow day)
- Monday, February 22: No school--Teacher Work Day (unless we need to make up more snow days)
- Monday, February 29 from 7:30-9:00 AM: Claxton Families are invited to Tea & Talk with the Superintendent
- May 24-June 7 (contingent on snow days): All of Asheville City Schools will conduct EOG testing in the last 10 academic days of school.
- For this Thursday--Please sign up to contribute to and/or volunteer at our Valentine's Dance by following this link: <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1l5jtv4BoH7VAbQTOEvVoWoBBE5frnRv-4960GbUPNX0/edit?ts=56abcb3d#gid=0>
- For next Monday--Please e-mail Ms. Zunguze at <firstname.lastname@example.org> if you are able to chaperone our Muddy Sneakers half-day walking field trip to Weaver Park. This entails just a short walk, joining a small group of students, and following a naturalist who leads your group through science activities.
Monday, February 15th from 1:30-2:30
Please remember that you are not required to send in treats or Valentines. However, if you decide to participate, please ensure that your student brings something for every single classmate. Here is our class list of 25 students (two moved away):
7. Grace Ellen
11. Mary Ruth
(#15 moved away)
(#24 moved away)
- Check out this website that provides sample math problems and answers as well as videos for homework help: <http://www.oakdale.k12.ca.us/cms/page_view?d=x&piid=&vpid=1402228893267>!
- I have also set up a free class account with Kahn Academy. Your child can join Ms. Zunguze's Kahn Academy class, which provides standards-based math missions that are individualized based on your student's progress within the program. I will offer extra credit for each online session that your child completes. Here's how to join:
glue sticks, pencils, and disinfecting wipes
~Thank you for all of your continued support!~