Student Life Weekly Update
What is Happening This Week at Lone Star College-Tomball
Week of April 5, 2021
"No one is you, and that is your power."
Communities in Schools: Budget for Beginners Workshop- Monday, April 5th @2 PM
Join Communities in Schools for their Budget for Beginners workshop!
Monday, April 5th @ 2 PM
Hosted via WebEx at:
Financial Freedom: How to Make Your Money Work for You, Wednesday April 7th @ 1 PM - 2 PM
April 7th at 1 PM - 2 PM
Join here: bit.ly/31uAp8r
Learning Network: Zombie Chat-Tuesday, April 13th @ 3 PM
Please join the Learning Networks in a Chat on All Things Zombies Featuring Prof. Lowery.
We'll be discussing zombies in pop culture, survival skills, and have a Q and A.
Tuesday, Apr 13th
3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Upcoming SGA Meetings
Join us in Discord!
Follow the instructions below to join today!
1. Download the Discord app on your phone or tablet via the app store, or download the app on your laptop/computer at https://discord.com/
2. Enter this address into Discord or click the following link to join the Student Life Discord server: https://discord.gg/ykGvJWD
That's it! You are in!
You can watch this video tutorial on how to navigate the Discord interface (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDVqruRsYtA) or visit the website (https://support.discord.com/hc/en-us/categories/200404398).
Are You Using LinkedIn to Get Your Career Started?
Are you using LinkedIn to help get your career started? If not, start now!
In today’s ever-changing job market, it’s more important than ever to build a professional network to showcase your skills and education. Here are our top tips on how to make the most of the social networking site, LinkedIn.
1. Connect with professionals and other students! The art of building a professional network is to build and foster working relationships with other career minded individuals. Start with creating a profile highlighting who you are and what you have to offer.
2. Say cheese! To make a great first impression, you will want to make sure that you have a professional photo taken. Take notice, there is big distinction between social networking sites like Instagram and Facebook, versus professional networking sites like LinkedIn.
3. Create a summary section that makes recruiters want to learn more about you. Highlight your skills, industry key words, how you adapt to daily change, and various examples of proven success.
Wanna learn more??? Contact LSC Tomball’s Workforce Department for more information. https://www.lonestar.edu/Tomball-Workforce.htm