Mrs. Ralston's Grade One Newsletter
Important Upcoming Dates
- Friday, Dec. 11 - 11:30 am dismissal (remember to pack a snack and return Star Homework);
- Monday, Dec. 14 - Sight Word test
- Wednesday, Dec. 16 - Aspen Grove Family Christmas Celebration 5:30-7:30 pm (more information below).
- Thursday, Dec. 17 - Grade One Sledding (see email sent out)
- Friday, Dec. 18 - FULL Day Friday; X-mas Hat Day; Last day of school before Christmas Holidays.
- Monday, January 4 - School resumes.
- Friday, January 8 - 11:30 am dismissal (remember to pack a snack and return Star Homework)
1) Literacy: This week we were introduced to 2 new characters who will help us remember the letters and sounds that we need for reading and spelling. Have your child tell you one thing they remember about Yakety Yak and Ping Pong. Then have them tell you what sound these characters likes the best, and what letter or letter combinations represent that sound. Yakety Yak (Y, y, long e or long i) and Ping Pong (ng - ing, ang, ong, ung).
2) Sight Words: Our new sight words of the week were "your" and "very". Feel free to make new flashcards with these words to add to your current collection for Star Homework practice.