Happenings at the Hive
October 27, 2023
30th - Candy, popcorn, and cookie dough fundraiser due
3rd - PTO November birthday sundaes
7th - E-learning day; staff professional development
7th - McDonald's Dine to Donate - 5:00-8:00 (Main Street McDonald's)
8th - Picture retake day
8th - PTO Meeting - 4:00 (Media Center)
22nd-24th - Thanksgiving break; no school
Important K-2 Dismissal Reminders
A few dismissal reminders for K-2 students (and siblings):
- If your child has a change in transportation, you must notify the office of the change of plans or he/she will be sent home his/her usual way.
- Please make sure you have a sign indicating the last names/grade levels of all children riding in your vehicle.
- Please stay in your vehicles at all times.
- Students who are meeting parents at the Solon sign should be true walkers. This means you are walking from Solon to your house. If you are arriving to school or the neighborhood around school in a car, you must enter the car line. Adults should not park on Wells Street or Pettibone Street to walk up to get K-2 students. Please also avoid parking on the apron/bump out and walking to the Solon sign.
- If you need to make a change to your child's dismissal routine because of this, please contact his/her teacher to indicate you will be using the car rider line moving forward.
Thank you for helping us make dismissal safe and efficient each day.
Kindergarten CKLA Culminating Activity
Kindergarten students wrapped up their CLKA Stories unit and participated in several fun culminating activities. They made puppets of their favorite characters, explored building houses of straw, sticks, and bricks, and even got to taste a bite of porridge. Students also got to investigate a real acorn that fell on Chicken Little's head. Check out the pictures below to see the fun!
Join CPCSC superintendent Dr. Todd Terrill for coffee & conversation at the CPCSC Administration building at 9 a.m. on October 31st. No presentation or talking points - this is simply an opportunity to engage in conversation with the community. Please note our new address: 1050 S. Main Street (former Taft Middle School site). Whether you have specific questions or would just like to learn more about our schools, please join us for an informal talk. Coffee and cookies will be provided.
Open interviews for paraprofessional positions will be held November 1, 2023 from 8 am to 2pm at the CPCSC Administration Center. Interested applicants should bring a resume to their interview. You can apply now or learn more by visiting www.cps.k12.in.us/para.
FOOD SERVICES NEEDS YOU!
If you would like to earn a little extra money but still be home in the morning, nights, weekends, and holiday breaks, please consider working in our cafeterias and kitchens.
It’s a very rewarding experience and you will be connected to our schools.
If interested please apply online or call Pam Maloney, 219 663 3371 ext. 10601 for more information.
Solon Robinson Elementary School
Melanie Pociask, Assistant Principal ext. 17103
Lisa Hovanec, Treasurer ext. 17000
Tina Rosenbaum, Secretary ext. 17002
Chrissy McNeil, Nurse ext. 17081