Family Update OVLC 4K-6th Grade
Information for the week of 2/8 - 2/12
2020-2021 OVLC Smore
Thank you for reading our weekly update! Here are some highlights:
- Supply Pick Up & Drop Off Next Week -- February 10 (A-M), 11 (N-Z), 12
- Chromebook Information (2nd-6th Grade)
- iPad Information (4K-1st Grade)
- K5-6th Grade MAP Assessment Reminders
- Important February & March Dates
- Process to request transferring back to Face-to-Face Instruction (for trimester 3)
- And MORE!
4K-6th Grade OVLC Principal
Important February & March Dates
Week of February 8th &/or 15th... Winter Conferences (information below)
February 10th, 11th, & 12th... Supply Drop off & Pick Up at East Campus
February 12th... 4K only: No school
February 18th (TH) & February 19th (FRI)... No School for Students (Teacher Professional Development Days)
February 26th... End of 2nd Trimester (report cards posted 3/5)
March 1st... First day of Trimester 3
March 15th... No School Students (Teacher Professional Development Day)
March 29th - April 5th... No School (Spring Break)
Transitioning Back to Face to Face
Elementary Schools and Intermediate Schools
Transition between Face-to-Face and Oconomowoc Virtual Learning Community
Third Trimester Transition
Chromebook Insurance Information (2nd - 6th Grade)
4K, 5K, & 1st Grade iPad Information
Thanks for sharing your project! Ephraim shared on our Creative Padlet HERE!
Mollie Plays the Saxophone
Mollie enjoys singing, crafting, playing soccer, drawing, building, and dancing. On our Padlet, check out Mollie playing the Saxophone!
Sofia enjoys singing, crafting, drawing, and playing piano. This is a picture Sofia shared on our Padlet of a picture she drew for social studies of a natural scene in South America.
Mollie Plays the Saxophone
Kindergarten - 6th Grade: MAP Assessment Information
For At-Home Virtual Testing:
Please read the following information carefully if your child will be taking the MAP assessment at home virtually: VIRTUAL MAP ASSESSMENT LETTER
- 5K and 1st grade can bring their chromebooks back after they finish virtual MAP testing, or they can wait until the next pick up/drop off date.
- 5K and 1st: With students using a new type of device for the test, parent support will likely be need as testing sessions begin. We appreciate your support and partnership. More tips and communication will be sent as the dates approach.
- Please charge the Chromebook before the the assessment. It is helpful to have the Chromebook plugged in during the test.
Mrs. Lang's Virtual Office
- OVLC Calendar: Links to announcements and newsletters.
- Announcements: Emailed on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays
- Mrs. Lang Read Aloud: Read alouds are added each week. All of the read alouds will remain on THIS page!
- Exploring OVLC Spiritwear options
- Exploring an OVLC Facebook page (similar to buildings) to support communication
- Generating ideas for FUN events for our students
The next PTO meeting will be held on Tuesday, February 9th at 7PM. A Zoom meeting link will be shared as the date approaches.
OLVC Library Book Pickup and Access
Students also have access to E-texts via Overdrive using their Classlink account.
Student is unable to attend any live sessions or complete any assignments for the day
Student is unable to attend live sessions but can complete work during part of the day or after 3:30 p.m.
- Contact teacher via email by 9:00 a.m.
Please contact your home school office with any questions.