GHS Media Center
January Monthly Report
By the Numbers...
- Served teachers and hosted classes for 70% of our operating time.
- Collaborated with 20% of the faculty
- Saw over 720 students on an individual basis who came with passes to work on projects or select books.
- Served over 3,100 patrons (student and faculty).
- Circulated over 1200 items
- Coordinated make up exams
- Hosted Careers at lunch
- Hosted the Law Week lucheon
Golden Gate Bridge replica created for Mr. Howell's modern history class.
Twin Towers replica created for Mr. Howell's modern history class.
Check out the photography website created by Allison Stoiser. This website is part of a "Photo a Day" journal that Ms. Buff's students are required to keep. They use Weebly to create these websites.
Edmodo: Mr. Howell, Ms. Anderson, Mrs. Grier ESOL
Weebly: (website creator): Mr. Bowen and Ms. Buff
Webquest: Mrs. Jacobs
Animoto,Movie Maker and Photo Story: Mrs. McCaskill
Poster My Wall: Mrs. Desai
TRAILS: Mrs. Allen and Mrs. Harris did a trial run with two of the Freshman English classes. TRAILS is a real time assessment tool for information literacy skills. In the fall, the media center plans to use this tool with all Freshman English classes as a benchmark to assess 21st Century skills. Students will be tested twice as freshman and again as Seniors. This information will be used to guide library program instruction and teacher collaboration and will be part of our Freshman library orientation.
We know she is awesome, but it's just good that others know too!! Way to go Jan!