10 Internet Safety Tips
By Angela Nesiba
These tips are for anyone who does not know how dangerous the internet is.
2. Be aware that information you give out through Social Networking sites instant, messages, emails, and blogs could put you at risk to bullying, and other victimization.
3. Never meet in person with anyone you first " met " online. Some people may not be who they say they are.
4. Remember that posting information about your friends could put them at risk.
5. Never respond to harassing or rude texts, messages, and emails. Delete any unwanted messages or friends who continuously leave inappropriate comments.
6. Never give out your password to anyone other than you parent or guardian.
7. If you wouldn't say something to another person's face, don't post it online.
8. Only add people as friends to your site is you know them in real life.
9. Think before posting your photos. DO NOT post or send semi-nude or nude pictures of yourself or anyone else! Personal photos should not have revealing information such as school names or location.
10. Use the privacy settings of the Social Networking sites.